WoW Error during installation

Meltdown07

5 posts in this topic

I hope someone is able to point me in the right direction.

Recently reinstalled OSX.

I used iDeneb 10.5.6, then patched using the iDeneb 10.5.7 updater. I now have a working install of 10.5.7 with fully functioning everything (including GTX285).

However, for the life of me, I can't get the WoW Install to complete. Unlike the problem many other users had, my installer starts just fine. It chugs along for a little bit copying/installing files, then gives me the following error (or similar):

An error was detected while verifying the contents of the file "/Applications/World of Warcraft/Data/common-2.MPQ". There may be a problem with your system, or with the drive at /. You can attempt to install again.  If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

I've tried installing from different DVDs. I've used Blizzard's internet installer. I've cleared out remaining WoW data on the HD before trying each install again. I've copied the Install DVD to the HD. I've even tried different RAM in case it was bad memory. Nothing works. Repaired my permissions a bunch of times. As far as I have been able to tell so far everything else is working perfectly in OSX, except this.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get WoW installed? I don't have any nearby friends/family with a MAC, so I can't just copy the installation over from someone else. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had this problem with patch.mpq when my PC was running XP. I tried everything, formatting my computer, installing from the original disks, installing a downloaded version.. I managed to get it to work for a little while after a friends working version was transferred to my PC and it wouldn't work, but one day I just clicked it to give it another go and it worked (unstable though) until they brought out another patch.

Today I thought I'd try downloading an entire fresh copy from the WoW website now that I have OSX installed and I still get the same god damn error. I seriously think there's a bit of hardware that the new patches aren't properly supporting. There's a huge list of people with similar, unsolved issues on both PC and mac (This whole thread is pretty much just people complaining of the same problem http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...1&pageNo=15 ). I stopped playing a few months back because I just can't get it to work.

I give up completely, time for a new game. Hurry up Diablo!