Just wanted to say thank you

solaar

1 post in this topic

After 3.5 years of hacking toshes and saving up some dough I decided to move on and get a Mac Pro. That decision was strongly catalysed by the fact that my good old trusty hackintosh died a sudden death ... sniff

The PSU blew and took the mobo and the processor with it and who knows, there might be other components in the carcass that are also fried. I've never seen anything like it before. It literally blew up with a big bang, smoke coming out and all the sizzling fireworks... :hysterical:

Why the quick decision? Well, a PC with the same specs as the Mac Pro would have cost me roughly the same, not including the potential headaches and time it would take me to make it almost like a 'real' Mac. And it will always be just that. ALMOST a real Mac. I needed something that renders as quickly as possible in After Effects.

Anyway I just wanted to thank everyone for their amazing input over the years. I've learned more about computers in general since early 2006 than ever before in all previous years.

I'll probably be sticking around and most likely install someone else's hack when I get the fever again. Snow Leo is lurking around the corner and will probably be another new challenge.

Anyway for the time being I'm signing off.

Cheers everybody!!

edit: I forgot to mention. If there's a common hackintosh issue with software that people need a comparative test on a Mac Pro for, I'll try to help out if I have the app.