Logic 8 - Error trying to sync audio and midi (MUST READ)

bossent20

17 posts in this topic

Greetings to all! :unsure:

I know this has been talked about accross the net, but under different settings and different systems

I never had an issue with this on my gigabyte dq6 core 2 duo system running 10.5.7 with Logic Pro 8

But now, I get this error saying "Error while trying to synchronize audio and midi"

it shows current sample rate and tells me to check external device or something

anyhow, I would like to know what I can do please

when diabling my envy driver within logic it plays back fine. without errors. of course i get no sound though

it is the same envy driver i used on my old system

i am now on a core i7 gigabyte ud5 mobo with 6gb corsair ram

any ideas please?

i have tried almost every envy driver there is for the audiophile 2496

thank you

ps - is it possible to fix the PCI issue for this and use the original driver from maudio website?

• 2 weeks later...

hi

doest nobody have any thoughts on this please

i really do need some help

i have looked all over the net and this problem, even though common, has no solution at all

please can anyone help

nobody seems to reply to any of my topics. may or may not be boring, i am here to listen, learn and i do of course appreciate every minute on this site.

thanks

hi again everyone

just to add (if this helps)...

... this error does not happen within cubase studio 4

only when using logic pro 8. meaning it is definitely inside logic and nothing to do with my hardware or drivers

any ideas on how to correct this please?

i have already tried changing the sample rates but nothing works

the error still comes up onscreen after playing back two bars or so

i never had this problem when installing osx86 on my core 2 duo system when i had it

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

please can anyone help me here

i've been waiting a reply for weeks now

i did not have this problem using logic with my last osc86 system

this problem only happens in logic, not within cubase

i am using the envy24 driver. any reason why i get this problem please?

is it a corei7 issue?

anyone please?

• 4 weeks later...

hi

sorry for my english, I from Russia

i have the same problem with my Hackintosh (q4core ,asus p5q se/r, 4gb ram, geforce 8800gtx) and M-Audio 1010lt with Envy24.0.20.0 driver.

do you have any progress?

thanks

but its not working for me.

i think i need some changes in bios. (may be)

Hello. I used Logic 8 and now Logic 9 with a hackintosh, and a EMU 0202 USB boad, a m-audio oxygen 2 and an a maudio usb one to connect via midi a Roland drums... and never get this error... and my computer is only a Core2Duo...

thank you for the replies

so far i have noticed everything in my installation works fine, including cubase

without any errors

i even spent money on a usb edirol ua-25ex, and even with this i get the same error

i came from a core2duo and on that system things were working top notch. it was running an e6600 with 8gb corsair ram and 7300gs GPU on DQ6 m/b

i am now on a corei7 ud5 m/b with 6gb corsair dominator ram. it works amazingly fast, but its only logic giving me errors after playback of two bars using MIDI, or no instrument loaded in the track

just playing back the bars gives this error

i feel it is a corei7 / UD5 m/b issue

anyone else installed logic using these components?

i am using the iatkos i7 install dvd

is there any other osx86 install dvd ready for a corei7 system

greatly appreciate the support

thank you

ps - i spent the last of my student loan on a mac mini with 2gb of ram. its the new mac mini and even with the 2gb ram upgrade, i am getting overloading errors in logic. the system sucks. shame coz i love macs.

please can anyone help. i would love to return this to the store as soon as possible

thank you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I too am having this problem. However I am currently updating my version of Logic to the current version of 8 (8.0.2 I believe).

Also, if quad core i7 and just quad cores in general seem to be causing this issue, would possibly disabling 2 of the cores in BIOS solve it?

I'm running an i5 Lynnfield.

I'll update whether either of these fix the issue.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem here running Logic pro 8. Running i7 930, Ud3r, 6gb ram, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Would really like to solve this issue as this computer is useless to me if I cant run Logic pro.

Anyone know if this issue is fixed by upgrading to logic 9? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

add me to the list of misery!

i have toshiba a660 core i5 laptop, 10.6.4 and tried 10.6.6, have logic 9 and i get that stupid error message in logic making it unworkable even though i can record and play for as long as I like but cannot make any edits while trck is playing due to an error message that doesn't even seem to be reporting a REAL error, anyone know how to disable error messages??? calling on programmers with a knowledge of logic!!