Can't see harddrive

Rudy

13 posts in this topic

When I try to install SL I can't see my harddrives in the installer, I managed to get it installed by pluging my harddrive through the E-SATA port on my computer but when I use the regular SATA it won't work (even after I installed it). I tried to copy my kext from Leopard but it doesn't help :lol:

When I try to install SL I can't see my harddrives in the installer, I managed to get it installed by pluging my harddrive through the E-SATA port on my computer but when I use the regular SATA it won't work (even after I installed it). I tried to copy my kext from Leopard but it doesn't help :)

Mac or Hack?

Yes it's a hack, the mother board is an ASUS pk5c if that helps. As I said I never had problems with the controller under Tiger or Leopard but everything I try under SL fails

E-SATA port.... can't see it if its not on that... suggests two makes of controller.... hmmmmmm...... could be a Mac? [/sarcasm]

Is it your position that Macs can't have eSATA or multiple drive controllers? If it is then you would be incorrect. :D

not assumption, reasoning...

Rudy the problem is that Snow doesn't have kexts for your onboard hard drive controllers. At the minute, we are still bizzarely not allowed to talk about Snow on Hacs here...

I would give you the name of another site where there is lots of Snow on Hacs discussion, but I can't give the name because of lame rules. But if you were to google the words 'Mac' and 'Infinite' I'm pretty sure you'd find it 8-)