[help]iATKOS v7

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I need help with iatkos v7 (10.5.7).

My PC (second, I dont need dualboot, I want install only mac os). In past I was used on this configuration 10.5.1 (from flat image, it was working perfect, including audio, video and network) but now I'm want install to new hdd.

Configuration is:

MB: asus p5ld2

gpu: gf 6600gt 128mb

cpu: intel pentium 4 630 (3ghz)

hdd: sata 250gb

I downloaded and installed iatkos v7 but it doesnt work, it stuck on grey screen with apple and progress indicator, when I started with -v it stop after something about cylinders number (white font). I think that I dont select good patches in configuration, so can anyone tell me what I should select for my hardware ? I think that it is problem with hdd ? (acpi) I try many changes in bios, including disabling audio, firewire, network hardware and hdd mode (ahci, ide) but it still wasnt working, but as I wrote, installation was successful...

thanks for help

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem, install works. But on reboot after install there seems to be an issue with the hard drive.

iATKOS v7 (10.5.7)

MB: asus p5ld2-VM SE

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

GPU: Geforce 8800 GT 768mb

HDD: SATA 320gb

(I used to run 10.4.3 on this setup... I think it was JAS?)

both of you try this

Main system

Chameleon V2

Appledecrypt

smbiosenabler

Voodoo kernel 9.7

disabler

OHR

Graphic driver..... choose your driver here.

AHCI

intelSATA

Speedstep

Throttling control

Voodoohda

ps/2 (choose trackpad if proceed)

Network driver (if you find yours there)

Your language.

Post install actions.

my mobo is p5ld2 rev 1.0 cpu intel d805 dual core graphic x1600pro two sata hdds

iatkos v7 worked on my pc with these settinngs.

now i have dual boot win7 x64 and retail leo 10.5.6 (updated today to 10.5.8)

be sure you have the partition on witch you instal iatkos set to active..other with it might not boot into leo after install...i don't have leo my leo partition set to active cause i use chameleon2 rc1 bootloader on an usb stick

• 6 months later...

I'm trying with same settings, tried without kernel patch (I'm brand new to this OSX on PC world) Here is my config for now :

ASUS P5LD2 Rev 1.0

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHZ

1GB DDR2 667 (soon will have 3gb total in April)

ASUS EAH4350 Silent 512mb

Seagate SATA 250GB

Windows XP SP3 on first partition (hope to get it back but no data is important on it)

If able to run it, maybe I'll try to install Windows 7 on a third partition to get ultimate triple boot but would probably install Windows 7 in a Parallels desktop just to see what it looks on this (my main PC is on Windows 7 already along with my laptop)

Update : So far after 2h, no luck, tried updating bios to latest 1903 for this board nothing happened, is there anything I should change in the BIOS without touching overclocking of memory or cpu.

I'm trying with and old JaS 10.4.8 dvd I had success on a old machine, guess gonna have to get the drivers myself if this one is working.

Edited by Dodge34