10.5.5 -> 10.5.7 iDeneb upgrade failed

onik

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm having problems getting the 10.5.7 upgrade to work. The machine stops in the Apple logo with the circle spinning but causes no kernel panic or visible error messages (except "can't load AppleIntelCPU kext").

I can boot to single-user mode with -s but what should I do? I tried copying the old kexts over the new ones but no change.

scrshot is pretty bad, sorry.

post-225739-1246630605_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm having problems getting the 10.5.7 upgrade to work. The machine stops in the Apple logo with the circle spinning but causes no kernel panic or visible error messages (except "can't load AppleIntelCPU kext").

I can boot to single-user mode with -s but what should I do? I tried copying the old kexts over the new ones but no change.

scrshot is pretty bad, sorry.

i hope, for your sake, that you have made a backup to look back to! :)

now that we have got that out of the system, lets try to solve your problem!

you had 10.5.6 i assume!

could you please tell us what kernel you had installed when you had first installed the system?

once we have got the info, we will try getting you your ecstasy back! lol

don't be put off!

we will get through!

cheers! :blink:

Well, I kinda have a backup, but mainly of the files I need. But let's not worry about that.

I had 10.5.5 before the update, always has worked with vanilla kernel.

and what flavor have you been using ?

i mean is it iDeneb, iAtkos, or some other?

and have you been trying to upgrade to 10.5.7 through the built-in software updater?

Ali

and what flavor have you been using ?

i mean is it iDeneb, iAtkos, or some other?

and have you been trying to upgrade to 10.5.7 through the built-in software updater?

Ali

As my sig says I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 release, then updated it with kaly's patches to 10.5.5

I didn't try the apple updater because it didn't work for some people, so I thought it would be safer to use the iDeneb upgrade pack... but I was wrong apparently.