Installation issues on ASUS M70Vm Notebook

AVORUDA

7 posts in this topic

I know people hate it when you don't find the answers you are looking for on posts or threads that have already been gone over, but I just don't know where to start.

I am definitely a noob when it comes to back end troubleshooting the Hackintosh operating system and installation problems. I have successfully in the past loaded the mac OS on an extra pc i had laying around which consisted of a ASUS P5GC-MX motherboard, an e8400 core 2 duo, 2gbs of ram and the other periphs. There was something on that board in the BIOS for EHCI hand-off that i could enable or disable. When i could enable it i was able to boot off the iDeneb installation disc and go through the complete install and boot into the operating system with almost all the drivers or KTEXT installed.

I tried the same thing on my Intel DP45SG motherboard with no success because apparently of the lack of EHCI hand off as an option in the BIOS. I could boot from the disc where it flashed through all of the white text on black and stopped at an error about EHCI waiting for device. I used both the Kalaway and iDeneb discs for this attempted install.

I'll be getting a new intel motherboard with SLI support and an i7 next to replace that desktop and will attempt the MAC OS install again at that point. I envision little success since its so new.

Anyway on THIS project I can install the operating system to the point of the big green check mark and when it restarts the computer either

A: Bootloops after a full install. (I have not tried the safemode switch to see if it flashes any errors on the screen before it reboots but i feel like it will reboot anyways without giving me a chance to check)

B: I installed with no video drivers and all other options selected and then i get the initial apple screen white then gets a gray overlay and a message that the computer needs to be restarted.

or

C: Install with only a few drivers going off of other post comments i read. Then it will end up scrolling through the list and stopping after a message that says Successfully Initiated Mac Operating System and then the computer just hangs with no HD activity.

It seems like i SHOULD be able to get it to work since it accepts the full installation, but then again i could be wrong. I don't know much about it.

My system specs are the following:

ASUS M70Vm Notebook. 17" Widescreen.

GeForce 9600M GS 512MB Video

Core 2 Duo T5750

Dual Hard Drives. Non-Raid. A 320GB and a 250GB both Sata

SATA Optical Drive (DVD-RW)

Atheros AR928x Wireless Network Adapter

Bluetooth

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Gigabit Ethernet NIC

Realtek High Definition Audio (Unsure of the model)

Other standard items:

webcam,

finger print reader,

5 speakers,

card reader,

Anybody have ideas as to where i should start? I downloaded the latest update patcher in anticipation of sucessfully being able to boot in. (iDeneb.upgrade 10.5.7 by darwinux)

I am no longer sure of the install version i'm using of the iDeneb. Its been several months since i put this project on the back burner. I just know its iDeneb Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.5 install.

Help! Ha.

Adam

Okay, well, I read all that and i really didnt get much except for your system specs.

Try doing this:

1-Open up the DVD

2-Select Utilities -> Disk Utility

3-Select your HDD (Or Partition) and then select the 'Erase' Option and erase it with Mac Os (Journaled)

4-Close 'Disk Utility' and open 'Terminal' (Utilities -> Terminal) --- If terminal is not in the list, then just forget this step

in terminal use these commands:

-fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 (replace the '0' in rdisk with your hdd number

-flag 1 (replace '1' with your partition number)

-update

-Write -- Reply with 'yes' and hit Enter

-quit

-exit

close 'Terminal'

5-run bootloader if it's there

6-Select Continue/Agree/Continue

7-Select Customise and only select the installer package and 'Remove Thermal Package' (or something along thoes lines if its available)

8-select only the video package for your video card

9-select the atheros package and then click done and install

Report back what happens

Yeah, i guess really just stated what i've been doing or what i want to do in the future.

I downloaded the latest iDeneb v1.4 since my post and installed with that TWICE and ended up with various results, again not being able to boot in.

Eric, I will try what you've suggested tonight and get back to you.

Let me know if you need additional information about my system. Or pictures of errors at boot up once i run into them.

I have attached a file of the result. I took my number 1 hard drive out of the system so i didn't mess with my windows install and files by accident. Again erased the hard drive number 2 with the mac partition i created. I entered the terminal and attempted the items you listed:

-fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 and received the error "Command not found" pertaining to "fdisk"

i skipped all the rest and attempted a basic install with just the applications, a video driver that appeared that it may work. The nVidia nJect 512 since i have a 512MB card, but its a 9000 series and not a 7000 or 8000 which i believe was the description.

I chose the generic Atheros wireless package and installed.

Did not come across the fix or anything like 'remove thermal package'

The result is the picture i have uploaded. (It appears with a closer look that some of the text on the left side is cut off)

post-451859-1246938578_thumb.jpg

Any ideas? I feel like i could sit and install all day long with different options and probably not get anywhere. I feel up to any sort of technical backend edits that may need to be done to tweak the install into working.. Thanks or your help so far.

• 1 month later...

I use OSX on my M70VM-X1 for work every day. Without modified bios or dsdt.aml you'll probably have to boot with the "cpus=1" flag to get into the OS. Once you get in, use fassl's DSDT patcher and you should be able to boot with both cores working.

This might not be your problem, but it was the only snafu I really ever ran into with this notebook.

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello This maybe a dead / old thread but I have it all up and running with audio and ethernet working fully, 
Only small hick-up is that the internal mic doesn't work. is sees it but doesn't pickup sound.

using the Voodoo 2.8.0 Mikko v2 for audio

and RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.3 final

hope this helps anyone looking