Help plz!

osito01

5 posts in this topic

well i have an ASUS M3A78-T with the SB750 chipset and HD3300 igp i also have a 2400XT PCI-E card lying around and i was wondering if anyone has got any of these to cards working if so please plz help me get one working.

well i have an ASUS M3A78-T with the SB750 chipset and HD3300 igp i also have a 2400XT PCI-E card lying around and i was wondering if anyone has got any of these to cards working if so please plz help me get one working.

ATI Radeon 2400XT (94c1)

For leopard 10.5.5

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now): (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

3) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings match, skip this step

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" string with "MegalodonParent" string

6) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

7) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID (0x94c11002)

8) Wait for kext cache to rebuild, fix permissions with disk utility

9) Reboot

CI/QE should now be enabled

For Leopard 10.5.6

1) From a clean installation or upgrade of any 10.5.6 version install this: http://tinyurl.com/9xbf3a

2) Open EFIStudio (if you don't have, download it) and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

3) Still inside EFIStudio select ATI HD2400 (should be selected as its the first of the list), press "Add Device" the Editor appears

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings are matching, skip this step

5) Still inside the editor replace every "Iago" string occurrence (you could find other kind of framebuffers like "Lamna") with "Megalodon" string and every "IagoParent" string with "MegalodonParent" string

6) Still inside the editor press "write to com.apple.boot.plist" button to insert the EFI string in the system

7) Delete from /System/Library/Extensions Natit.kext

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID ( 0x94c11002 ): put ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop, then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions; click with right button on ATIRadeonX2000.kext and choose show package content, double click on Contents an open info.plist with text editor; find the string with IOPCIMATCH, next string contains the id of the videocards, put here your device id (0x94c11002) and save, then install this modified kext with kexthelper.

9) Reboot with -v -f

For Leopard 10.5.7:

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) Number of downloads: 47

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and install the one downloaded with kexthelper

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

3) delete natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

Don't mean to highjack, just figured it'd be better to respond in here instead of starting a new thread.

Giorgio, I have followed your 10.5.7 instructions. It was a clean iPC 10.5.6 install with an upgrade to 10.5.7 right away. When I reboot It comes back with a mess of pixelated colors in columns. I followed the instructions to a T (the 10.5.7 are pretty simple). I have an optiplex 755 with the 2400 xt. Any advice?

It also appears as though it's not allowing me to press any key to add flags on boot. Like, after doing the install I was supposed to reboot with -v -f. Well, it just flies through the whole darwin thing and doesn't even ask.

Don't mean to highjack, just figured it'd be better to respond in here instead of starting a new thread.

Giorgio, I have followed your 10.5.7 instructions. It was a clean iPC 10.5.6 install with an upgrade to 10.5.7 right away. When I reboot It comes back with a mess of pixelated colors in columns. I followed the instructions to a T (the 10.5.7 are pretty simple). I have an optiplex 755 with the 2400 xt. Any advice?

It also appears as though it's not allowing me to press any key to add flags on boot. Like, after doing the install I was supposed to reboot with -v -f. Well, it just flies through the whole darwin thing and doesn't even ask.

Are you sure that your device id is 0x94c1?

Have you deleted natit.kext or any other injector?

Have you deleted ATIRadeonX2000.kext before install the new?

Have you Chamaleon 2.0 as bootloader?

Giorgio

ATI Radeon 2400XT (94c1)

For leopard 10.5.5

1) Install latest drivers package from http://nvinstaller.com (9f23 as of now): (before installing 9f23.pkg delete your ATIRadeonX2000.kext and every natit.kext, Atyinject.kext, Nvinject.kext)

2) Open EFIStudio and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings match, skip this step

7) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID (0x94c11002)

8) Wait for kext cache to rebuild, fix permissions with disk utility

9) Reboot

For Leopard 10.5.6

1) From a clean installation or upgrade of any 10.5.6 version install this: http://tinyurl.com/9xbf3a

2) Open EFIStudio (if you don't have, download it) and press "Device Path" icon, write "display" into the first textbox and press "Get Path" button, press "To Clipboard" button, close window

4) In the editor replace /plist/dict/key node value (default value is PciRoot(0x0.......) with the one you have in the clipboard (just select old value and paste it over); if the two strings are matching, skip this step

7) Delete from /System/Library/Extensions Natit.kext

8) Change ATIRadeonX2000.kext to include HD 2400 XT Prod.ID and Ven.ID ( 0x94c11002 ): put ATIRadeonX2000.kext on the Desktop, then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions; click with right button on ATIRadeonX2000.kext and choose show package content, double click on Contents an open info.plist with text editor; find the string with IOPCIMATCH, next string contains the id of the videocards, put here your device id (0x94c11002) and save, then install this modified kext with kexthelper.

9) Reboot with -v -f

For Leopard 10.5.7:

Download this: zip.gif 2400xt_10.5.7.zip ( 383.25K ) Number of downloads: 47

From a clean installation of Leopard 10.5.7 or an upgrade:

1) Delete ATIRadeonX2000.kext from /System/Library/Extensions and install the one downloaded with kexthelper

2) Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration with the one downloaded (you need root privileges); if you have chameleon 2.0 RC1 you can also overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist in the Extra folder.

3) delete natit.kext (if You have it in /System/Library/Extensions)

reboot with -v -f

QE/CI should be enabled.

Giorgio

Thanks for your instructions i will try to do it once i install 10.5.6 on my machine since i had to overwrite with xp to do some stuff thanks again!