System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

Hiro_

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys i today burned an DVD with the iso of the Jas 10.4.6 install DVD, and i was trying it install on an nootebook Thoshiba A60 with an DVD reader and in the start of the installation, it show me the message "System config file "/com.apple.boot.plist" not found" and i no able to it do the installation.

Please someone know what is happening, and can help me, please?

Community the installation works normally with the DVD recorder than i used for burn the DVD, the problem is than in my home i haven't an dvd recorder and yes an DVD reader. Guys it will be than in my home the installation works normally?Someone know because this is happening?

I too was experiencing this problem, but from the HOT ISO version of 10.4.6.

I had good success with dual booting XP and 10.4.4 before, but following the exact same install process onto a blank HDD, this time around I got the b0 error (which stank), but Hiren's cd easily remade the partition active using partition magic.

Then I was getting the "System config file "/com.apple.boot.plist" not found" error.

I then used Hiren's again, but used the Boot Magic MBR tool to again set partition ID 1 active, and now OSx starts to boot from the HDD, flies through the loading of a zillion HFS+ kext files, then all of a sudden the pc reboots too fast to catch the kext thats failing, and my BIOS has no Halt-on options!

This could be chaulked up to a faulty DVD image, but I highly doubt it.

I tried turning off Speedstep, no luck.

Its so close to booting, and I lent the darn DVD to a buddy, so reinstalling isn't an option at the moment.

Maybe I'll try the Jas DVD later this week.