System start error after update using iDeneb Combo Update Kit

Jorlores

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm a basic user of PC based Mac OSX. I had installed Kylaway 10.5.2 (it works absolutely fine :D ) and I decide to update to 10.5.6 using iDeneb Combo Update Kit.

After update, system is not loading anymore. It start loading (showing the apple logo) and after some time it stops and nothing happen. :)

Since I'm not quite familiar with command lines (basic user), I'm not sure what should I do to fix it.

Is there anyone who can help me to solve this problem?.

Thanks for your support :D

Hi Everyone,

I'm a basic user of PC based Mac OSX. I had installed Kylaway 10.5.2 (it works absolutely fine :D ) and I decide to update to 10.5.6 using iDeneb Combo Update Kit.

After update, system is not loading anymore. It start loading (showing the apple logo) and after some time it stops and nothing happen. :(

Since I'm not quite familiar with command lines (basic user), I'm not sure what should I do to fix it.

Is there anyone who can help me to solve this problem?.

Thanks for your support ;)

hey basic user!

i just hope you are not that basic user as you sound! :P

if you like your hackintosh, you need to get your hands dirty (with some command line stuff! )

when you boot the machine press any key to cancel the boot loader and type "-v" without the quotes and press enter you are going to go into verbose mode, and then it is going to show you all the errors that happen behind the scene that lead up to the kernel panic!

just post your findiings!

p.s. my gut feeling says, you should consider reinstalling! since you ARE a basic user! it would a great help if you could somehow install a vanilla kernel (untouched!) so that you don't have to mess around everytime apple releases a new version!

All right, this what I get:

ERROR: Furewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure

This is the only error I can see. Any idea?

I guess I'll have to install the OS again. Any suggest on which is the best I should install?

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
All right, this what I get:

ERROR: Furewire unable to determine security-mode; defaulting to full-secure

This is the only error I can see. Any idea?

I guess I'll have to install the OS again. Any suggest on which is the best I should install?

Thanks!!

sorry for replying so late! and hope that you don't need my help anymore (i.e. your hackintosh works fine!)

but if you still need help . . .

the error about the firewire is irrelevant!

you need to look past it!

there has to be something AFTER this message! !!