Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Gigabyte UD3P Internal Speaker no Bass

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone! I haven't posted here much but I've been an avid reader since day one.

So I have this issue which I know a lot of other people have as well but none of the proposed solutions have worked. Here goes...

My OSX installation is perfect except for my sound. I use Internal Speaker as my line out and though it works, there is little to no bass coming out of my speakers. This is a real pain in the a** because I make hip hop music (which loves bass) as a hobby and the PC end just doesn't work right for it (nasty delay on my MIDI controller).

This post seemed the most promising but hasn't changed a thing. Anyways, I'm stuck and my music production has halted because of my frustration.

System specs:

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

e7200 2.53 @ 3.8

8gb OCZ-SLI PC6400

8800GTS 640

500gb WD Caviar Green

Realtek ALC889A

Anyways, I installed OS X using the iDeneb 1.4 release. I've upgraded it to 10.5.7 and all else is well. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: I'm very computer savvy so be as technical as you need to be. If you help me resolve my issue and live in the bay area, I will buy you a beer!