Gigabyte M61PME-S2P

twitleedum

24 posts in this topic

Recently, i have upgraded my pc with a Gigabyte M61PME-S2P mainboard, put an Athlon 64 processor (2.8ghz not overclocked), bought a new 400 watt power supply, 4GB of ram, a sata dvd writer, and a sata hard drive. I've downloaded and burned copies of iDeneb 10.5.5, iPC 10.5.6, Kalyway 10.5.2, and Leo4allv3final (all from thepiratebay.org). Oh, and now i'm also downloading iDeneb 10.5.6 because someone i know said it has voodoo kernel. Oh, and my exact motherboard is not on the supported list on this site..but another one, the M61PME-S2 is on the page (this page)

Anyway, i've attempted to install all of these distros, but to no avail. The only success in installing is with iDeneb 10.5.5 and when it's installed the most recent error it's given me was the "Cannot find root device" error. So, that's the long way of saying i'm almost on my last nerve. I've read all over these forums to resolve my issues, but nothing seemed to work. Right now, i'm installing iDeneb 10.5.5 with a regular hard drive (pata or ide i believe, not sata). I'm hoping this will be successful, if not then just to wait for iDeneb 10.5.6, and if THAT doesn't work, i'm out of ideas.

After a few more attempts, i selected the following customizations:

AMD Patch,

XNU Kernel thingy (forgot),

AppleNForceATA Chipset.

I'm going to try the AppleNForceATA Test Chipset next.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!! Please help me figure out what customizations i need (info in signature).

UPDATE::Nothing worked :) any suggestions??

well, i've figured out that i could successfully install iDeneb 10.5.6 ONLY IF it would locate my SATA DVD drive!! UGH! What's so hard about this thing...the IDE DVD drive i have is horrible...i need to be able to connect to my SATA DVD drive. Any suggestions??

Go to bios first and enable AHCI mode for your sata disk.

Install with only Voodoo kernel and AppleNForceATA.

report progress

Looked for AHCI in my bios numerous times, nothing to be found. Would it be under RAID or Serial ATA? Or anything with a different name??

(x = not accessible atm)

In BIOS:

Virtualization :::: DISABLED

AMD K8 Cool&Quiet Control :::: [AUTO]

Hard Disk Boot Priority :::: [Press Enter]

First, Second, & Third Boot Device..blah blah

Password Check :::: [setup]

HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability :::: [Disabled]

Away Mode :::: Disabled

Frame Buffer :::: Size 64m

Onboard GPU :::: Enabled

Intergrated Peripherals:

On-Chip IDE Channel :::: Enabled

NV SATA Controller :::: Enabled

IDE Prefetch Mode :::: Enabled

USB Memory Type :::: Shadow

Serial-ATA Raid Config :::: Press Enter

-------------NV SATA Raid Function :::: Disabled

-------------xNV SATA 1 Primary RAID :::: Enabled

-------------xNV SATA 1 Secondary RAID :::: Enabled

Onboard Audo Function :::: AUTO

On-Chip MAC Lan :::: AUTO

Onboard LAN Boot ROM :::: Disabled

Onboard Serial Port 1 :::: [3F8/IRQ4]

Onboard Parallel Port :::: [378/IRQ7]

Parallel Port Mode :::: [sPP]

x ECP Mode Use DMA :::: 3

On-Chip USM :::: [V1.1+V2.0]

USB Keyboard Support :::: Enabled

USB Mouse Support :::: Enabled

Legacy USB Storage detect :::: Enabled

I'm not sure what all you need but this is where i see that i deal with my Hard Drive and DVD/CD Rom...if you need something else, tell me.

P.S. i appreciate your help!! Thanks!

HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability :::: [Disabled] >> ENABLE

Onboard Serial Port 1 :::: [3F8/IRQ4] >> DISABLE

Onboard Parallel Port :::: [378/IRQ7] >> DISABLE

Boot from dvd with -v and report.

HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability :::: [Disabled] >> ENABLE

Onboard Serial Port 1 :::: [3F8/IRQ4] >> DISABLE

Onboard Parallel Port :::: [378/IRQ7] >> DISABLE

Boot from dvd with -v and report.

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

Can't determine immediate dependencies for extension org.tgvbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub

Cant' determine dependies for ord.tgwbd.driver.ACPIPS2Nub.

mbinit: done

Securit auditing service present

BSM auditing present

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot colume with UUID 70DA2E5A-5D48-33D0-BD79-85C1B24FCCE

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>I0ProviderClass</key><string ID="1">I0Resources</string><key>I0ResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

AppleNForceATA: sata phy reset done.

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

USBF: 0.746 AppleUSBOHCI[0x6015800]::CheckSleepCapability - OHCI controller will be unloaded across sleep

AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

AppleNForceATA: found 1 units.

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x9f0, CTR 0xbf0, IRQ 23, BM 0xe000)

AppleNForceATA: NVIDIA nForce MCP 61 Serial ATA by MeDevil (CMD 0x970, CTR 0xb70, IRQ 23, BM 0xe008)

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units.

Still waiting for root device

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Since chipset was found (possitive step) there are a few things to try.

First make sure you have a dvd burned x2, if not possible then at least x4.

If this does not help then there are an other 2 possibilities.

1. use an other label of dvd (I had some errors using verbatims)

2. use an other dvd-rom.

Since chipset was found (possitive step) there are a few things to try.

First make sure you have a dvd burned x2, if not possible then at least x4.

If this does not help then there are an other 2 possibilities.

1. use an other label of dvd (I had some errors using verbatims)

2. use an other dvd-rom.

Yeah, i seen my chipset on the wiki! That was a step up..

Ok i'll burn another copy and if that doesn't work i'll go purchase a pata dvd reader. Would i need a pata hd too??

I just don't get why my computer boots into iDeneb 10.5.5 with out a problem, but when i put in iDeneb 10.5.6 it doesn't boot. Is there a way i can copy the booter from 10.5.5 and put it on 10.5.6 then burn a new DVD. Or put that voodoo kernel on 10.5.5. I think that's what i'll need; that specific kernel.

Well give an other try with -f flag.

It didn't work:(...my dad just brought me home a PATA DVD drive..it's old, but i'm going to see if it'll work. If not i'll burn a fresh copy of iDeneb 10.5.6 at the slowest rate.

I'll post results later.

UPDATE:

My dad brought me a DVD drive out of a Dell, not sure what model. Anyway, i used it on a newly burnt iDeneb 10.5.6 DVD @ 4.0x lol..no worky. If necessary, i can retry the installation because i forgot what it said in verbose mode (-v). Also, i attempted with my SATA DVD drive and it gave the "Still waiting for root device." error.

I was looking at this IDE DVD drive: http://microcenter.com/single_product_resu...duct_id=0301943 . It would most likely work, just thought i would get an opinion before i drop 25 bucks...

This is the drive i currently have: http://microcenter.com/single_product_resu...duct_id=0293049 .

Make sure that the IDE drive is not at cable select. Put jumper at master.

Cable selecting is shouldn't be an issue if it were the only drive hooked up. Which i have been doing, instead of playing with the jumpers i have just hooked up one drive. And i finally got my IDE drive working, it's installing now, MUCH SLOWER, i might add! Wow...anyway, i selected Voodoo 9.5.0 or whatever and the AppleNForceATA chipset. Also selected the AMD patch along with the extra fonts, X11, and applications. Lets see what happens.

• 10 months later...

Hello friend!

i have the same motherboard you have.

I tried the same distros you did because i fount somewhere that, these are the distros suggested for our motherboard, but i couldnt make it too.

I will take a ride on your topic (that is abandoned, unfortunately) and ask if there´s someone with this M61PME-S2P using the Osx86.

If there´s somebody, or an expert that will be happy to help me and the friend in the previou topic, please reply!

Thank you!

My computer:

M61PME-S2P

Athlon X2 2800

2GB RAM DDR2800

Geforce 7300GT

320GB HD.

See ya!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm gonna be trying to use OSX on my M61PME-S2P, not sure when exactly. Although after reading through this topic it seems it's a futile attempt.

I have Athlon 64 X2 7750+, only the integrated GeForce 6150SE and SATA drives also...

I'm not sure which system build to use, but I would go with the one that's the most compatible/has highest chances of booting and setting up fine.

I read a wiki entry from someone who booted 10.6.0 on this motherboard:

Kernel: mach_kernel.test7 from modbin
Graphic: PNY GeForce 8400 GS (use Chameleon rc3 with PC EFI 10.5 used OSX86Tools to install EFI)
Sound: working with Voodoo sound kext
LAN: using nForceLan.kext 0.64 from 10.5
Restart/Shutdown: working after DSDT patch (make sure to edit RTC set Length = 0x02 not 0x04)
Sleep: not tested
nForce 430 sata - used slash's kext

The entry is included here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...10.6.0#Gigabyte

Can anyone elaborate on what exactly would I need -- kernels? bootloaders? etc.?

I'm having real trouble making my way through all the tutorials and stuff, there's so many combinations and methods to attempt to run OSX, it's almost too much -- some beginner advice would be nice, just where can I start from?...

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I'm gonna be trying to use OSX on my M61PME-S2P, not sure when exactly. Although after reading through this topic it seems it's a futile attempt.

I have Athlon 64 X2 7750+, only the integrated GeForce 6150SE and SATA drives also...

I'm not sure which system build to use, but I would go with the one that's the most compatible/has highest chances of booting and setting up fine.

I read a wiki entry from someone who booted 10.6.0 on this motherboard:

Kernel: mach_kernel.test7 from modbin
Graphic: PNY GeForce 8400 GS (use Chameleon rc3 with PC EFI 10.5 used OSX86Tools to install EFI)
Sound: working with Voodoo sound kext
LAN: using nForceLan.kext 0.64 from 10.5
Restart/Shutdown: working after DSDT patch (make sure to edit RTC set Length = 0x02 not 0x04)
Sleep: not tested
nForce 430 sata - used slash's kext

The entry is included here: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...10.6.0#Gigabyte

Can anyone elaborate on what exactly would I need -- kernels? bootloaders? etc.?

I'm having real trouble making my way through all the tutorials and stuff, there's so many combinations and methods to attempt to run OSX, it's almost too much -- some beginner advice would be nice, just where can I start from?...

Thanks,

Hi friends,

I have the same motherboard as you guys and am gonna attempt the OSX installation on my PC next week. I have been searching the net for more than 10 days now and hv downloaded atleast 6 different versions in a hope to get it right.

I will keep you guys posted and would let you know if hopefully, any of them works. I believe the most irritating part for us is that there is no option to set the SATA controller to AHCI in the BIOS.

Keep your fingers crossed guys,

Till then,

V

Hi All,

Can someone help me here please, I tried installing with iAtkos 7. I burnt the iso and then when I tried to boot with the DVD, my system just keeps sitting at Boot from CD/DVD.....

System Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte M61PME-S2P

Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core

DVD Drive: Samsung IDE

Hard Drive: Seagate 250GB SATA

No external Graphic card as yet.

Please please help me, move atleast a step forward with this.

Hi All,

Can someone help me here please, I tried installing with iAtkos 7. I burnt the iso and then when I tried to boot with the DVD, my system just keeps sitting at Boot from CD/DVD.....

System Specs:

Mobo: Gigabyte M61PME-S2P

Processor: AMD Athlon 7750 Dual Core

DVD Drive: Samsung IDE

Hard Drive: Seagate 250GB SATA

No external Graphic card as yet.

Please please help me, move atleast a step forward with this.

Please please help guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Have about the same specs, Gigabyte M61PME-SP2, Athlon X2, 4 gigs of ram and a fresh terabyte drive. I've tried every type of hackintosh I know of (Kalyway, iDeneb, iPC, ect.). So far, the only one I've gotten to get past the "still waiting for rood device" error was iDeneb 1.3. After install though, it never got to the darwin loader after reboot. Tried EVERY fix on the list, and it got to the darwin loader. After that though, no matter what I try (-x, -F, ect.) it always kernel panics before it starts up completely. Any suggestions?