WoW Freeze by Install

macwars

6 posts in this topic

I tried to install WoW on my fresh Retail Install but at the half of the Installation the screen freezes like this.

Anyone with Help out there?

post-234087-1244232444_thumb.jpg

Mine did that as well.. I messed up because i did 2 things at the same time so i dont know what fixed it..

first thing i did was moved my ethernet card to a different pci slot.. and the second thing i did was I had 4 sticks of ram, they are different brands.. so i took out 2 sticks so they were all the same brand..

try those two things and it may help...

but to be honest you should open console in finder and pull your logs, and type in crash on top right and it should pull some crash logs..

The same as before...

I had 4 sticks of ram too and they are different brands.. so i took out 2 sticks so they were all the same brand, just like you!

After this i installed it again, but it doesn't work at all...

I can't move my ethernet card because it's onboard....

Any further ideas? :blink:

After several tries i think its my network card. When i download the 1gb garage band update the same screan appears.

So i think if the network card is active too long i have to hard reset my mac.

Someone there who can help?

The same as before...

I had 4 sticks of ram too and they are different brands.. so i took out 2 sticks so they were all the same brand, just like you!

After this i installed it again, but it doesn't work at all...

I can't move my ethernet card because it's onboard....

Any further ideas? -_-

Yes. If you insist on running the Mac version you could, I don't know...buy a Mac?

Is there some reason you don't want to run the PC version? I mean after all, you ARE running a PC.

There are lots of people here running many different versions of the wackyhacky. Perhaps you could try a different method/build and OSX version. Good luck.