Question about Logic's features

mikesown

3 posts in this topic

Does logic have a Mic 'cancelling' feature. Basically, I am recording 4 or 5 people in the same room. They are wearing headsets with directional mics, but the mics pick up other people's voices. Is there any way to get rid of this overlap to get a clean copy of each track with only that voice?

Thanks,

Mike

Does logic have a Mic 'cancelling' feature. Basically, I am recording 4 or 5 people in the same room. They are wearing headsets with directional mics, but the mics pick up other people's voices. Is there any way to get rid of this overlap to get a clean copy of each track with only that voice?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Thats just to do with sound spillage and will be a result of the micing technique used (the fact that you're using headsets won't help but im guessing thats a necessity). The only way to solve it is either record everyone separately, record them all in different rooms, or find something to use as a baffle between them all. Unfortunately, theres no way to reject unwanted frequencies without playing with phasing, and that only works if youre using a stereo microphone.

-JD-

I am recording each mic seperately using an onyx firewire card... the problem is that each individual channel overlaps a little bit with the others... so if I edit out an explicative from one mic, there is still a lower-volume version of it.