NVS 160m nvidia Help

bren1818

4 posts in this topic

Hey All, Im on the Latitude e6400, Got Almost everything working, however I CANNOT figure out how to get the NVS 160m to work properly

I was able to get the 1440x900 resolution by modifying the boot.plst and adding in:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440×900×32</string>

This works and looks alot better, however no QE, and I cant run Photobooth etc, because the graphics card is un-supported, and additionally I cannot do dual monitor.

I Have the e6400 dock, but Im using VGA out put, (dont have an HDMI or DVI)

Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated, and if possible, please write it step by step, Im still new-ish to this.

Thanks! :)

• 3 months later...
Hey All, Im on the Latitude e6400, Got Almost everything working, however I CANNOT figure out how to get the NVS 160m to work properly

I was able to get the 1440x900 resolution by modifying the boot.plst and adding in:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440�900�32</string>

This works and looks alot better, however no QE, and I cant run Photobooth etc, because the graphics card is un-supported, and additionally I cannot do dual monitor.

I Have the e6400 dock, but Im using VGA out put, (dont have an HDMI or DVI)

Any Help would be GREATLY appreciated, and if possible, please write it step by step, Im still new-ish to this.

Thanks! :thumbsup_anim:

I'm in the same boat! I'm quite bothered by the annoying NVS 160M driver, there is hardly nobody offer a solution!

My notebook is Lenovo zhaoyang E43A, with 5100AGN wireless card, another hardware with no driver.