Incorrect CPU multiplier after running iDeneb 10.5.7 combo update

saintberry

3 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Very new here so help a n00b out... I've done a lot of searching on this issue but not been able to find any info as of yet.

On Friday I built my first hack and all went amazingly smoothly with iDeneb running the vanilla kernel. When I was running 10.5.6 I used CPU-X to check out if my E5200 CPU was recognized correctly and sure enough it was. 200MHz clock with 12.5 multiplier giving me 2.5GHz.

Yesterday I downloaded and ran the 10.5.7 iDeneb combo update. I didn't really know what I was doing so I just run the package and prayed. Unfort I didn't backup my kexts with OSx86 tools... everything seemed to go well, install worked and all essential items were running stable.

I then checked my mac info and saw that my CPU was displaying as unrecognized 2.4GHz. Initially I didn't give it 2 thoughts as I know that info doesn't mean squat... however when checking with CPU-X I was a bit shocked to see that 2.4GHz was actally accurate. It seems that now my max CPU multiplier is 12 giving me a max clock of 2.4GHz!

After lots of searching I tried booting with busratio=125 with no luck.

Any ideas how I can get my 100MHz back!? I could overclock, but would prefer not to so my RAM doesn't suffer.

Essential info:

• E5200 CPU
  • ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS
  • 9500GT 523MB GPU
  • Vanilla kernel with iDeneb