Callisto Technical Discussion

Swad

826 posts in this topic

A single thread to make this discussion a little easier.

http://omni.starchaser.org/

Site is now public; Callisto build 001 Alpha is available for download. Remember, if it does not work for you now, wait and see what happens in the future. This is an Alpha stage of the driver.

Big thanks go to np_ for putting up with me asking all kinds of questions for the past few weeks, and for providing me with guidance during the development process of Callisto. Cheers man!

okay guys, seems that my monitor doesnt like this a lot: the screen flashes 1/2 and cant see anything have to restart the computer until it works

Meanwhile it looks like maybe i m wrong, that now smooth scrolling works fine and "smooth" ehehe

let me ur impressions.

Works fine except that when I boot the screen gets all distorted. Then I change the refresh rate in Preferences (I can't read anything but a little guesswork does it) and then it is all fine. Also there is still mouse tearing and color banding in the gradients with the DVI connection. Ati Radeon 9600

thanks for all the efforts omni

Greets. Some problems here. 1024 is working fine with CI and QE, but no 1280x768 :)

Also, on my laptop the screen is detected as CRT at startup. If I change to 800x600, I get a 800x600 image, but the resolution stays the same. Also, there is a copy of the 800x600 screen on the bottom of the real 800x600.

Even thus, thanks omni. I hope you will fix this too :)

EDIT: If I change my resolution, the screen flashes and goes black. I can see garbled images before it goes black. Also, I already tried to add 1280x768 with SwitchResX but no luck with it.

Doesn't work for me: HP laptop ATI Radeon 9000 (ID 4c66)

I start correctly in 1024x768 then go to Displays

Then pick up my panel's native resolution: 1280x800

Then I get a blue screen without any pointer

Cursor up to go back to 1024x768 doesn't reset the screen so I need to power down...

Even switching to 800x600 or 640x480 doesn't give a correct screen...

I also deleted every ATI* kext inside extensions and ran a disk repair permissions but still no go...

Is there ANY kext that needs to be deleted in order to get this working or am I currently out of luck?

Take care,

Tek_No

in fact the smooth scrolling work even without omni's driver :)

i switched back to the original driver since my monitor works 1/5 else i get a white screen with lots of bugs (using DVI or CRT)...I dont think it's linked to 10.4.6 drivers...If it works fine with radeon9700 under 10.4.5 let me know but i doubt..I think it's linked to the signal sent to the monitor.i'll wait for a fix if there is one ever.

Good job OMNI

Mobility 7500 (4c57).

Driver appears to load ok and displays out good information while booting in verbose mode. However the GUI does not properly load with Callisto loaded. I get a mouse pointer, but nothing more. I even can move it around and tell by disk access that applications have been loaded (blindly), but all I see on the screen in the text from verbose mode sitting there.

This was the same result I got when I first tried omni's old open ATI driver.

Mobility 7500 (4c57).

Driver appears to load ok and displays out good information while booting in verbose mode. However the GUI does not properly load with Callisto loaded. I get a mouse pointer, but nothing more. I even can move it around and tell by disk access that applications have been loaded (blindly), but all I see on the screen in the text from verbose mode sitting there.

Read the FAQ...

8. I get a black screen with a mouse pointer after I boot with Callisto?

You are using ATI KEXTs from 10.4.6, that's why. Apple has changed something between 10.4.5 and 10.4.6 versions so that happens. Go back to 10.4.5 ATI KEXTs and you should be fine...

This FAQ can be fixed.

Ppl are not able to do autologin because they delete loginwindow.plist.

To have autologin enabled again, just go to preferences, users and in login options set the autologin user.

"FAQ I used to be able to autologin and now I get a login prompt?

That seems to happen here as well, not sure why. Some people report they do not have this happen on their systems with Callisto, and yet others do experience it. Might investigate this further when I get a chance"

thank you Omni

ATI Radeon 9600:

Chipsatz-Modell: ATI Radeon 9600

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCI

VRAM (gesamt): 128 MB

Hersteller: ATI (0x1002)

Geräte-ID: 0x4151

Versions-ID: 0x0000

Monitore:

Monitor:

Auflösung: 1280 x 1024 @ 85 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Unterstützt

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Unterstützt

It almost works !

after installing Callisto kexts and cleaning the config files, I cant boot with gui in 1024*768 (the default res). When I try to switch to 1280*800, the screen goes black. Using up arrow, I managed to get back to 1027*768, but I only get a messed up display with a nice wistle sound. However, when I reboot, it gets back to normal.

Oh, and booting in verbose mode indicates me that my card and display are detected as CRT.

ati radeon x700 mobility, 1280*800 tft display, Acer 1692wlmi notebook

Hey tek_no does CI and QE work with radeon 9000 ? is it just the res that wont change?

Any CI and QE working on radeon 9000 or 9200?

THanks

Casey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't work for me: HP laptop ATI Radeon 9000 (ID 4c66)

I start correctly in 1024x768 then go to Displays

Then pick up my panel's native resolution: 1280x800

Then I get a blue screen without any pointer

Cursor up to go back to 1024x768 doesn't reset the screen so I need to power down...

Even switching to 800x600 or 640x480 doesn't give a correct screen...

I also deleted every ATI* kext inside extensions and ran a disk repair permissions but still no go...

Is there ANY kext that needs to be deleted in order to get this working or am I currently out of luck?

Take care,

Tek_No

Mobility 7500 (4c57).

Same result here

so what about the white or worst the messed up screen? r u using like me 10.4.6?

cause omni said he ran it on 10.4.4 .5 and .6 so i dont get it...

i m sure it comes from monitor detected as CRT when it's a LCD

anyone tried switching back to 10.4.5