Faster Server & Optimizations...

2 posts in this topic

Hello. The InsanelyMac Server or hosting, whatever it is, is very slow. I know why it is slow... Because so many users online. But I think that you need ram and cpu upgrade at your server. And after that, do some optimizations.

This is my feedback for now.

Everything else is excellent, except the search engine, too.

So please try to fix them.

I couldn't agree more. I mean Fubra, the hosting company, should be able to handle the traffic, but I'm not too sure anymore about the InsanelyMac database and/or people working on it (never heard of the great Firefox add-on YSlow?) because it's either that, or a matter of money to make it work.

Many websites would be old, dead and forgotten by now if it wasn't for plenty bandwidth and some of the brightest people to keep it going – it's just such a shame that all these database errors show up all day long:

Database Error

There appears to be an error with the database. But don't worry, we have a dedicated team of 1000 Monkeys working on the case

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

In fact I don't even know if this will be "accepted" by their database server, or that it coughs up another 1000 monkeys error... or some other void. Just terrible.

It might be time for yet another forum, one that works please!!!

On a second thought; I just got this proxy error (and no thank you that isn't mine):

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Everything seems to work again, at least for now. It's either fixed, or tonight might bring another night of waiting and doing other things – the lack of communication towards the members here is however stunning.