Which Distro Should I Use For MY PC Spec

L1SE19

7 posts in this topic

could someone please tell me the best (up to date) mac distro to use for my PC Spec.

AMD Phenom X4 9550, Foxconn A7VMX-S, 4GB DDR 2.

I have 2 Sata Hardrives, And If Possible I Would like to install on the 2nd hardrive on the 2nd partition.

DISC 0 hard drive =

1st partition Windows vista (Main OS)

2nd partition = Empty (Advent System Partition)

3rd partition = unallocated

DISC 1 hard drive =

1st partition = windows Seven RC1 (Main Os 2)

2nd partition = Unallocated (WANT TO INSTALL MAC ON THIS)

5eis1f.jpg

could someone please tell me the best (up to date) mac distro to use for my PC Spec.

AMD Phenom X4 9550, Foxconn A7VMX-S, 4GB DDR 2.

I have 2 Sata Hardrives, And If Possible I Would like to install on the 2nd hardrive on the 2nd partition.

DISC 0 hard drive =

1st partition Windows vista (Main OS)

2nd partition = Empty (Advent System Partition)

3rd partition = unallocated

DISC 1 hard drive =

1st partition = windows Seven RC1 (Main Os 2)

2nd partition = Unallocated (WANT TO INSTALL MAC ON THIS)

5eis1f.jpg

Format 195.31GB unallocated partition as a simple NTFS volume......OS X should recognise it......

Format 195.31GB unallocated partition as a simple NTFS volume......OS X should recognise it......

hi, thanks for the info once again.

I tried what you said yesterday also, but couldn't find the topic again to reply. I thought i may aswell install on a physical hard drive rather than on VMWARE.

thanks again ill try and update wether it works.

hi, i got it up and installed. The only things that do not work now is.

A. the wireless card i have installed (Micronet SP906GK) (RTL8185)

B. Audio, ALC662

Also my graphics only display in 1024x768 and no other resolutions are available.

graphics card is integrated ATI Radeon 3100

hi, i got it up and installed. The only things that do not work now is.

A. the wireless card i have installed (Micronet SP906GK) (RTL8185)

B. Audio, ALC662

Also my graphics only display in 1024x768 and no other resolutions are available.

graphics card is integrated ATI Radeon 3100

Not sure if integrated ATI Radeon 3100 is supported by OS X driver giving Core Image and Quartz Extreme but you can use Graphics Mode in com.apple.Boot.plist to change resolution to your monitor native resolution :

Modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere except where there are spaces)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1080x32@60" BUT as I said using your display resolution.....

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press Ctrl O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press Ctrl X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

For networking and audio check using google with insanelymac and os x as search terms with

ALC662 and with Micronet SP906GK and RTL8185

i tried what you said followed it to the word.

i also tried installing the Realtek driver for the Wireless Lan, which i downloaded from the realtek website as it has support for MAC OS X.

yet, when i restarted my pc a dos error comes up, with a white box at the top covering some words and a long list of errors.

i tried what you said followed it to the word.

i also tried installing the Realtek driver for the Wireless Lan, which i downloaded from the realtek website as it has support for MAC OS X.

yet, when i restarted my pc a dos error comes up, with a white box at the top covering some words and a long list of errors.

A screen shot would help.......