3 posts in this topic

System in question:

Dell M1330

2.5ghz c2d

4gb ram

128gb ssd

8400m GS w/ CI/QE working

iATKOS 5i 10.5.5 using Voodoo kernel 9.5

When playing WoW on my desktop hackintosh I get over 70fps at all times with settings all the way up. Now with my new laptop with seemingly decent specs I get a very unpleasant less than 20fps with all settings down and a nasty resolution.

To put this in perspective, I get about 40fps on the same machine in wine under ubuntu (just with the poor stability of wine of course)

Any ideas? I tried booth the NVinject and NVinjectGo. Both had same results. Seems like both cores are recognized.

try to sleep and then wake up your computer, people had this problem with dell laptops, the card being underclocked before sleep.

Or install 10.5.6, seems the new drivers in it fix this problem.

try to sleep and then wake up your computer, people had this problem with dell laptops, the card being underclocked before sleep.

Or install 10.5.6, seems the new drivers in it fix this problem.

awesome. just used the sleep method (even though i doesn't sleep right anyway). instantly went up to 60+ fps on medium settings.

so much better. i was about to just give up after days of thinking it was the driver itself. i should have known from the linux chip throttling issues i had, but some how completely overlooked it.

thanks.