IPCOSX86 10.5.6 And Gigabyte GA-N650SLI-DS4L problems

guss17

4 posts in this topic

Hello dear friends,

i am a windows user for many years but after i saw those projects arround IPCOSX86 10.5.6 etc i decided that this is the time to do the big step into a more "human" OS, in order to ease my nerves :)

But i am facing some difficulties in the meantime in the installation process.

Before i begin with my irritating questions i d like to congratulate everyone for this marvelous work and the fact that you are sharing this work with us.

So these are the steps.

1: Specs of the mobo straight from the manufacturer:

CPU

1. LGA775
  2. Support Intel® Core™ 2 Quad/Core™ 2 Duo/Pentium®® D/Pentium 4 Processor
  3. Supports 1333/1066/800 MHz FSB

Chipset

1. NVIDIA® nForce 650i SLI (Northbridge: C55, Southbridge: MCP51)
  2. Realtek 8211B chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
  3. Onboard Realtek ALC888 chip

Memory

1. 4 DDRII DIMM memory slots (supports up to 8 GB memory)(Note 1)
  2. Supports dual channel DDRII 800/667/533 unbuffered DIMMs
  3. Supports 1.8V DDRII DIMMs

(Note 1) Due to the limitation of Windows 32-bit operating system, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory available for the operating system will be less than 4 GB; Windows 64-bit operating system doesn't have such limitation.Internal I/O Connectors

1. 1 24-pin ATX power connector
  2. 1 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
  3. 1 floppy connector
  4. 1 IDE connectors
  5. 4 SATA 3Gb/s connectors
  6. 1 CPU fan connector
  7. 1 system fan connector
  8. 1 North Bridge fan connector
  9. 1 power fan connector
  10. 1 front panel connector
  11. 1 front audio connector
  12. 1 CD In connector
  13. 1 S/PDIF In/Out connector
  14. 2 USB 2.0/1.1 connectors for additional 4 ports by cables
  15. 1 power LED connector
  16. 1 Chassis Intrusion connector

Expansion Slots

1. 2 PCI Express x16 slots (Note 2)
  2. 2 PCI Express x1 slots
  3. 2 PCI slots

(Note 2) In SLI Mode, the two PCIE x16 slots can run at up to x8 respectively. In Normal Mode, only the first PCIE x 16 slot (PCIE_16_1) is available and can run at up to x16.Back Panel Connectors

1. 1 PS/2 keyboard port
  2. 1 PS/2 mouse port
  3. 1 S/PDIF Out connection (coaxial+optical)
  4. 1 parallel port
  5. 1 serial port
  6. 4 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
  7. 1 RJ-45 port
  8. 6 audio jacks (Line In / Line Out / MIC In/Surround Speaker Out (Rear Speaker Out)/Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out)

Form Factor

1. ATX
  2. 30.5cm x 21.0cm

H/W Monitoring

1. System voltage detection
  2. CPU/System temperature detection
  3. CPU/System/Power fan speed detection
  4. CPU warning temperature
  5. CPU/System/Power fan failure warning
  6. CPU/System Smart Fan Control

BIOS

1. 1 4 Mbit flash ROM
  2. Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
  3. PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.3, ACPI 1.0b

Other Features

1. Supports @BIOS
  2. Supports Download Center
  3. Supports Q-Flash
  4. Supports EasyTune (Note 3)
  5. Supports Xpress Install
  6. Supports Xpress Recovery2
  7. Supports Virtual Dual BIOS

2: Other items that are installed:

A: Intel Cpu intel core 2 duo E6400 that supports SSE2 &SSE3 (checked with Everest)

B: Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 512 MB Graphics Card

C: Used for this project a 80 GB Seagate WD Caviar IDE on the same ide channel with an IDE DVD-Writer as the mobo doesnt have any other IDE channel and the only spare parts are those:(

( For the record, i used cable select on both devices and named Primary the HDD and Slave the DVD-RW)

D: 3GB of DDR2 RAM at 800 MHz Both DIMMS Kingston (Dimms are 2Gb +1 GB) and same Latency.

E: Power Supply (dont know if it matters) Hyper 580Watt .

3: Procedures made:

A: Downloaded the above mentioned project (10.5.6 with PPF2 intergrated) + all the rest ppf patches up to PPF5. Used the PPF-O-MATIC to finish the procedure.

B: After that i burned the ISO at a DVD-R (Sony one) at 1x Speed. Burn procedure was success and dvd media was easily read by the windows.

C: Disconnected my sata Drives and i left only the IDE channel with the HDD and the DVD on it.

D: Booted from DVD and everything started ok. Didnt use any startup option and after some minutes i got with a stop sign on a white screen with the familiar little Apple. After that nothing happened.

E: With the fever growing i decided to reboot and use the -v boot method. The screen got black with much info on it that i couldnt understand much cause of the lack of the knowledge on the project etc.But after some minutes the familiar white Apple screen appears and i started the installation by selecting the Disk Utility. I partitioned the drive with the format Mac-OS extended with journal if i can recall correct.

F: All done correct and went to the installation. Decided to do only the base system installation without any other driver so i can see what happens.

G: Installation begun , disc checking was success 100% and installation finished ok.

H: I got the message to reboot etc , i removed the DVD media from the drive and when i booted from the HDD i got the Stop Sign above the little well known Apple and system stopped loading.

Rebooted again and same happened. Also used the (-f) startup method but same result.

4: After that i decided to reinstall with drivers on this new installation :

A: Made the usual stuff with (-v)method and at the install method i placed some of the drivers i thought they could work well with my setup.(nforce etc)

B: Concluding, installation was succesfull , rebooted , used (-f) at the first reboot and when white screen came up, this time i got a message in a black coming from above screen that my computer needs restart in 2-3 more languages etc.

C: I was thinking that it would be a routine thing, done the reboot but message appeared again and again after all the reboots i made.

Finally rebooted with DVD again with (-v -f ) and among the many lines i got a message like Debugger Called <panic> if i recall correct.

I could really appreciate any reply to my problem and i think that i helped all of you to understand what i did and what errors i came up to.

Thanks again in advance and i really hope to hear a possible solution.

And congratulations for the great work and support guys.

Constantine

Hello dear friends,

i am a windows user for many years but after i saw those projects arround IPCOSX86 10.5.6 etc i decided that this is the time to do the big step into a more "human" OS, in order to ease my nerves :angel:

4: After that i decided to reinstall with drivers on this new installation :

A: Made the usual stuff with (-v)method and at the install method i placed some of the drivers i thought they could work well with my setup.(nforce etc)

B: Concluding, installation was succesfull , rebooted , used (-f) at the first reboot and when white screen came up, this time i got a message in a black coming from above screen that my computer needs restart in 2-3 more languages etc.

C: I was thinking that it would be a routine thing, done the reboot but message appeared again and again after all the reboots i made.

Finally rebooted with DVD again with (-v -f ) and among the many lines i got a message like Debugger Called <panic> if i recall correct.

I could really appreciate any reply to my problem and i think that i helped all of you to understand what i did and what errors i came up to.

Thanks again in advance and i really hope to hear a possible solution.

And congratulations for the great work and support guys.

Constantine

When you click Customize in the OS X setup that you booted from the DVD, select the following additional components:

Kernels > 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel AND

(Drivers > Chipset Drivers > AppleNForceATA nForce Drivers [try first]

OR

Drivers > Chipset Drivers > NVIDIA MCP67 Drivers) AND

Fixes and Patches > Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5 AND

Fixes and Patches > Verbose Mode

Additionally, you can try using XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc.iso.... That's the one I'm currently using (although with slightly different hardware).

No1, thanks a lot. Your advice helped me and Mac booted in the screen that says that a keyboard needs to be present so i have to reinstall with the addition of installing the PS2/ keyboard fix at the section of fixes and patches.

I ll report again when i got the full result.

Btw any idea how or what is the procedure to install additional drivers as the Nvidia graphics or the lan ? I got the feeling that the onboard Nforce Lan Adapter will not work...

Thanks again

Constantine