A little help with boot-123 (EeePC 1000he)

srcnix

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys and girls,

I'm in the process of installing OS X on my Eee PC 1000he. I've gone ahead and swapped over the wireless card to an Apple one, it was a hell of a task but great fun.

I am now wanting to install OS X from a retail DVD (Which I have) however I am uncertain where to start with boot-123. Is there a generic boot-123 which will work for the 1000he or will I need to compile my own? If I do I'm guessing that I need to find relevant kexts for my hardware (Which I'm not 100% aware of which ones I need).

Is there a complete run down (Tutorial) to follow on how to setup the Boot-123 as required?

Another small question, once OS X is installed is it as simple as installing a boot loader to maintain it? What about adding all relevant kexts for my hardware -- which leads onto an upgrade, will I need to replace the kexts again. Saying that, couldn't it be loaded with the boot loader so that it wouldn't need to take place.

If I can get some help on this I am going to write a full blown tutorial on how to do it for other people to use. Anyone who can give me information and point me in the right direction please also PM me your email address and name (And anything else you like) so that I can provide information on who has helped make the 1000he EeeMAC possible.

I'm planning on doing this tonight (In about 3 hours).

Hi all,

I've found answers to everything above and (thought) I have the relevant Kexts however when I try to run the OS X disk it gets to the grey apple and just hangs. No loading spinner.

I decided to run with -v -x -s -f and the output shows the buffer for display and then nothing else happens.

Any thoughts?

cosmicrey,

I've installed the boot loader. Now no need for the boot132 disk however it's still stalling at the grey apple.

Adding cpus=1 gets to the grey apple loading screen but with the loading spinner -- but nothing else happens. Just the spinner going round and round.

Any more thoughts?

I forgot to mention that -v with cpus=1 gives no different output?