Ideneb, iPC, Kalyway, iAktos or leo4all?

X86 asker

54 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have tried Ideneb v1.3 Mac os x86 leopard 10.5.5 but at the after the installation, it reboots and after 15 seconds my computer reboot again then it's not working.

i like ideneb 1.3 but it's not working properly for me. If you can help me solve my ideneb problem, I will really appreciate. See this topic for my ideneb problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163644

I am using a DELL Latitude D810

Should I try iPC 10.5.6 or another one and what's the difference?

Thank's :(

Hi,

I have tried Ideneb v1.3 Mac os x86 leopard 10.5.5 but at the after the installation, it reboots and after 15 seconds my computer reboot again then it's not working.

i like ideneb 1.3 but it's not working properly for me. If you can help me solve my ideneb problem, I will really appreciate. See this topic for my ideneb problem:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=163644

I am using a DELL Latitude D810

Should I try iPC 10.5.6 or another one and what's the difference?

Thank's :)

I would try iPC 10.5.6 with (assuming you have IDE HDD and ATI X600 graphics)

10.5.6 Base System

Language Translations - your choice

Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

AC97 Audio

Intel PRO 100/VE

IntelPROSet/Wireless 2200

ACPI Fix

CPUS=1 One Core Fix

Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

PS/2 Keyboard

AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 MacBook

Applications - your choice except Marvin's AMD Utility

AppleSMBIOS : Mac Pro

However AFAIK there is not ATI X600 video driver for Leopard so you will not have CI/QE

I would try iPC 10.5.6 with (assuming you have IDE HDD and ATI X600 graphics)

10.5.6 Base System

Language Translations - your choice

Voodoo 9.5.0 Kernel

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA

AC97 Audio

Intel PRO 100/VE

IntelPROSet/Wireless 2200

ACPI Fix

CPUS=1 One Core Fix

Seatbelt.kext 10.5.5

PS/2 Keyboard

AppleSMBIOS-27 Rev3 MacBook

Applications - your choice except Marvin's AMD Utility

AppleSMBIOS : Mac Pro

However AFAIK there is not ATI X600 video driver for Leopard so you will not have CI/QE

No, just no. Use retail.

No, just no. Use retail.

Will Retail route give him full CI/QE?

If he uses the correct patches/drivers he will have QE/CI, distros are old news. Let them die.

EDIT: read this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32494

Ah.....if life were only that simple......however, the "one size fits all" approach seldom works 100% in real life, or in OSx86 life...

Firstly, in reply to

distros are old news. Let them die

1. The Boot-132 CD/HDD/USB stick + Retail DVD approach does not as yet work readily with all non-Intel chipset MOBOs......e.g. nForce+Intel....

2. Not every one has a Retail DVD to hand and/or access to an Intel Mac, or Hack, or Live Leopard OS X DVD........as hecker says

we can't create the ISO file on any other OS than OS X (I have been unable to find a way to do it on Windows or Linux yet).

The only practical solution is to download one of the pre-patched distros, install and create the ISO from there. This should be possible because you don't need any graphic accelerators, network, sound or any other peripherical funcionality other than your keyboard and mouse.

There is, I believe, also a live version of OS X around which could be used.

This tutorial was intended to be used by those who already have a non-retail OS X system running and wish to use the EFI boot for it's many advantages (like updating and keeping the main system untouched).

3. For some non-vanilla system configurations, it is probable that a customized patched distro on a single DVD will remain the most convenient/user-friendly option for many users......

Secondly, in reply to

If he uses the correct patches/drivers he will have QE/CI

This is statement, while true as a general statement, is not true of the ATI X600......

Pre-X1000 series ATI X graphics cards are only supported by Tiger (since the drivers in Leopard RTM and later are PPC only) and then by by adding the device ID to the ATIRadeon9700.kext Info.plist, since Natit works only for the ATI X1000 and higher ATI X series cards. Furthemore, you will get resolution switching using Callisto but not CI/QE....

I want to be sure what to choose, I have a Dell Latitude D810 and ideneb is not working for me.

Retail or iPc 10.5.6, the one that has more chances to work.

Thank's for your answers :D

If you have a Retail disk and access to another Mac....then do that....see here......and here......and here.......but if not then use iPC.......either with vanilla kerrnel minus seatbelt fix or Voodoo kernel + seatbelt fix.....your choice...... :mellow:

If you have a Retail disk and access to another Mac....then do that....see here......and here......and here.......but if not then use iPC.......either with vanilla kerrnel minus seatbelt fix or Voodoo kernel + seatbelt fix.....your choice...... :mellow:

I don't have a retail disk and an acces to another mac so your sure that ipc will work?

Ps: If you know a program on windows that's show all computer specs like video, memory hdd, processor.... please let me know because Cpu-z doesn't show the video and other cards.

Thank's

I don't have a retail disk and an acces to another mac so your sure that ipc will work?

Ps: If you know a program on windows that's show all computer specs like video, memory hdd, processor.... please let me know because Cpu-z doesn't show the video and other cards.

Thank's

You can but try and lose little by doing so......remember it is the kernel, kexts and any required patches that determine success......if a particular distro does not have the right combination it will not work as readily as a distro that does......but if it works you are sorted..... :mellow:

Try Everest

You can but try and lose little by doing so......remember it is the kernel, kexts and any required patches that determine success......if a particular distro does not have the right combination it will not work as readily as a distro that does......but if it works you are sorted..... :huh:

Try Everest

So the patches are important things. Do you think If I select certain patches in the installation of ideneb it will work and how to know what I need?

The best that you can do for me is solve my Ideneb problem. I love Ideneb but excatly my problem occured when I should reboot to complete the installation, I boot from the hard disk where it is installed, the apple logo appears with the spinning circle but after 15 seconds my computer reboot for nothing and it's always the same.

You should know that when I boot from the ideneb cd the first time the spinning circle stops after 10 seconds and to make it load properly I have disabled LAN in the BIOS.

Thank's for your support

So the patches are important things. Do you think If I select certain patches in the installation of ideneb it will work and how to know what I need?

The best that you can do for me is solve my Ideneb problem. I love Ideneb but excatly my problem occured when I should reboot to complete the installation, I boot from the hard disk where it is installed, the apple logo appears with the spinning circle but after 15 seconds my computer reboot for nothing and it's always the same.

You should know that when I boot from the ideneb cd the first time the spinning circle stops after 10 seconds and to make it load properly I have disabled LAN in the BIOS.

Thank's for your support

Post your Customize selections so that I can check them.......

Post your Customize selections so that I can check them.......

I choosed supported Languages : French.

I have selected ATI in the 10.5.5 Patches ready

Aplications: Betterzip, Skype, Firefox 3.01, Transmission, Os x86 tools.

I think i forget some patches but I don't know wich.

Basic Computer specs

Intel Centrino Mobile Technology/ Pentium M 1.86 Ghz

2 Gb of DDR2 Memory

250 Gb of HDD

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon X600

Thank's for all your help. I really appreciate peoples that want help. :angel:

I choose supported Languages : French.

I have selected ATI in the 10.5.5 Patches ready

Aplications: Betterzip, Skype, Firefox 3.01, Transmission, Os x86 tools.

I think if forget some patches but I don't know wich.

Basic Computer specs

Intel Centrino Mobile Technology/ Pentium M 1.86 Ghz

2 Gb of DDR2 Memory

250 Gb of HDD

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon X600

Thank's for all your help. I really appreciate peoples that want help. ;)

Try the following Customize selections (everything else not selected)

Audio: AC97Audio

Chipset: ICHx Fixed

Kernel: 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

Network: Ethernet: Intel100ProVE (this is a guess)

ACPI-Fix

Cpus=1-Fix

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

Video: None

Applications: Your choice

based on the assumption that you have a SATA HDD.....do you?

Try the following Customize selections (everything else not selected)

Audio: AC97Audio

Chipset: ICHx Fixed

Kernel: 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3)

Network: Ethernet: Intel100ProVE (this is a guess)

ACPI-Fix

Cpus=1-Fix

AppleSMBIOS-27-MB

Video: None

Applications: Your choice

based on the assumption that you have a SATA HDD.....do you?

Yes i have one SATA HDD but are you sure for this patch ? Kernel 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3) i don't have an SSE3 processor, I have one that supports MMX, SSE and SSE2.

Thank's

Yes i have one SATA HDD but are you sure for this patch ? Kernel 9.5.0 Vanilla (Intel/SSE3) i don't have an SSE3 processor, I have one that supports MMX, SSE and SSE2.

Thank's

OK, then with SSE2 I initially suggest 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)......for wireless you can try Broadcom......unless you know that the chipsets your onboard Ethernet and WiFi are using are not Intel PRO100 and Broadcom.....

OK, then with SSE2 I initially suggest 9.4.0 StageXNU (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)......for wireless you can try Broadcom......unless you know that the chipsets your onboard Ethernet and WiFi are using are not Intel PRO100 and Broadcom.....

My wireless is Intel Pro Wireless 2200 Bg but I don't know my Ethernet because it's disabled in the BIOS because the ideneb dvd can't load if it's enabled but I think it's Broadcom.

Thank's I will print it and try ;)

My wireless is Intel Pro Wireless 2200 Bg but I don't know my Ethernet because it's disabled in the BIOS because the ideneb dvd can't load if it's enabled but I think it's Broadcom.

Thank's I will print it and try ;)

I would suggest that initially you install without any Ethernet/Wireless drivers.....get OS X working first......if it does, network drivers can be installed afterwards.....

I would suggest that initially you install without any Ethernet/Wireless drivers.....get OS X working first......if it does, network drivers can be installed afterwards.....

Your SMBIOS is not in the choices.

Here are the choices:

AppleSMBIOS OLD Version 1.0.1

AppleSMBIOS 667

AppleSMBIOS 800

AppleSMBIOS 1066

AppleSMBIOS 1333

AppleSMBIOS iMac

AppleSMBIOS MacBook

AppleSMBIOS Mac Pro

Firewire Remove

IOUSBFamilyFix

PowerManagement

PowerOff_Fix

Do you know others working that figure in this list?

Thank's in advance verdant :(

@X86 Asker Use AppleSMBIOS MacBook

Thank you very much verdant!!! It's working very fast.

Now my last question is how to install the driver to make my wireless card work.

Thank you :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You must be very happy......glad to help...... :)

BTW you may notice that your wireless driver is in iPC 10.5.6 which is why I had suggested it to you........ :)

You must be very happy......glad to help...... :)

BTW you may notice that your wireless driver is in iPC 10.5.6 which is why I had suggested it to you........ :hysterical:

Check out this topic I have found. It shows how to install the driver on iDeneb.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84072

If it explain that I can install the driver, Can you make me a tutorial more easy to understand please?

Thank you verdant, you are the best

________________________________________________________________________________

___

Hi verdant,

I got another problem.

When I have installed it, I was unable to install it on a partition. So, I erased all the disk to install it. I was thinking that when it would be installed, I will be able to resize my partition but Windows and Partition magic says "Unable to Create a Partition on Drive 2".

Do you have an idea to keep 40 gb of 250 for Leopard and 210 gb for my files?

Thank's in advance my helper! :D

Check out this topic I have found. It shows how to install the driver on iDeneb.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=84072

If it explain that I can install the driver, Can you make me a tutorial more easy to understand please?

Thank you verdant, you are the best

________________________________________________________________________________

___

Hi verdant,

I got another problem.

When I have installed it, I was unable to install it on a partition. So, I erased all the disk to install it. I was thinking that when it would be installed, I will be able to resize my partition but Windows and Partition magic says "Unable to Create a Partition on Drive 2".

Do you have an idea to keep 40 gb of 250 for Leopard and 210 gb for my files?

Thank's in advance my helper! :hysterical:

Q1. Try the installer here......no guarantee to be problem-free......DO REQUIRED READING:

Read about network selection too....but you may need to "Set Power OFF" in the Network Selector application window, then switch it back on again and wait some time for your network to show up......

BUT it seems that only unprotected networks will work......

If you confirm this to be true, I recommend that you use Ethernet instead or buy a USB wireless stick.......

Q2. Did you partition the hard drive as GPT and format it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?