Mac OS X on Gateway5678 doesn't work

CrazyGrandpa

9 posts in this topic

I have problems while installing Macintosh on Gateway5678 (GT5678).

I want to install Haskintosh on my PC. I found some sources with instructions how to it, but I can't load Mac installation.

I burnt 5 images:

Mac OS X Universal Installation

iAtkos v1.0i

iDeneb v10.55

iDeneb v10.55 Pathced

Mac OSX Jas SSE2 SSS3 with PPF2 & PPF3

But no one of them works.

When I load iAtkos or Mac Jas istallation, I have sign:

Loading Darwin/86

Starting Darwin/86

After this my computer restarts. When I install iDeneb, I see apple sign on gray background and near apple appears round crossed sign. Maybe I have to change Bios settings, I don't know. What do I have to do in order to install hackintosh on my PC? I also tried plug out my Video card. It didn't help. While installing "Universal" my computer freezes. I also tried to type -x, -v, -s...

My problem is like this:

My PC's hardware:

GT5678

Intel quad-core Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor 2.4 GHz

4GB of DDR2 RAM

750GB hard drive SATA II

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 256 MB video card and 7.1-channel HD audio on board

mymorepour@gmail.com

I have problems while installing Macintosh on Gateway5678 (GT5678).

I want to install Haskintosh on my PC. I found some sources with instructions how to it, but I can't load Mac installation.

I burnt 5 images:

Mac OS X Universal Installation

iAtkos v1.0i

iDeneb v10.55

iDeneb v10.55 Pathced

Mac OSX Jas SSE2 SSS3 with PPF2 & PPF3

But no one of them works.

When I load iAtkos or Mac Jas istallation, I have sign:

Loading Darwin/86

Starting Darwin/86

After this my computer restarts. When I install iDeneb, I see apple sign on gray background and near apple appears round crossed sign. Maybe I have to change Bios settings, I don't know. What do I have to do in order to install hackintosh on my PC? I also tried plug out my Video card. It didn't help. While installing "Universal" my computer freezes. I also tried to type -x, -v, -s...

My problem is like this:

My PC's hardware:

GT5678

Intel quad-core Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor 2.4 GHz

4GB of DDR2 RAM

750GB hard drive SATA II

ATI Radeon HD 2400XT 256 MB video card and 7.1-channel HD audio on board

mymorepour@gmail.com

AFAIK your system has a nVidia GeForce 7100/nForce630i MCP73 chipset MOBO......see my Pre-Series 7 nForce thread......

I thought there will be one simple solution. There is a lot of info in your topic. And I am confused about it. Maybe I will read it again, but... Has anyone had experience installing OSx86 on GT5678?

Which parts of my post #1 are confusing you........if you tell me by posting in my thread, I can help you there..... ;)

If your DVD drive is SATA, set SATA to AHCI mode.

If AHCI is not available, set it to RAID mode.

If your DVD drive is PATA make sure it is jumpered as master and plugged in accordingly at the end of the cable.

For the freezing issues on the other distros try booting with cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v

If your DVD drive is SATA, set SATA to AHCI mode.

If AHCI is not available, set it to RAID mode.

If your DVD drive is PATA make sure it is jumpered as master and plugged in accordingly at the end of the cable.

For the freezing issues on the other distros try booting with cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v

First of all, my DVD drive doesn't have such options. It has only PIO Mode and DMA Mode and doesn't have jumper. And I can't set my HDD as Primary. I have 4 sockets on my motherboard (SATA1-SATA4). First, I plugged out my DVD and only HDD left, but it still SATA. It has not jumper on it, so I think it would be solution if I find jumper for it.

I tried to put that command cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v

So:

Kalyway has message:

Mac OS Version:

Not yet set

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.20: Sum Mar 2 00:11.08 SCT 2008; Made by ToH:xnu - 1228/Build/Obj/Release - I386

And freezes

Iatkos - restarts after sing "Starting OSX/86"

Jas:

Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

Ideneb: the same problem

"Still waiting for root device"

Universal:

extension "com.apple.driver.IOPlatformPluginFamily" has immediately dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style

and freezes. My problem is not solved, ............. sigh sigh sigh

I'm not talking about BIOS settings, DMA/PIO has nothing to do with it.

The jumber is a little piece of plastic with metal inside that shorts two pins on the back of your DVD drive.

If your DVD drive has no (Master/Slave/Cable Select) jumper on it, it is a SATA DVD drive.

If your DVD drive is a PATA DVD drive it does have a jumper. It's usually located next to the PATA cable.