Dell Inspiron 1501 - iPC 1.5.6 will not install on VMware

gope

2 posts in this topic

So I'm trying to install iPC 1.5.6 on my inspiron 1501. I've read every tutorial I can get my hands on, and still get a problem that not many others have encountered.

I've got VMware set to the following:

Memory: 256MB

Harddrive - Using 2nd partition set up for OSX86, get same error when using "Entire Harddrive"

CD/DVD - drive D: - disk was burn using Nero

Sound: Autodetect

Display: Autodetect

Processors: 1, gives a processor error if set to 2

I've attached an image of my error message that happen in boot. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm in the process of downloading Leo 1.5.2 b/c I've heard of people getting it to work with an Inspiron 1501.

post-416810-1240555292_thumb.png

• 1 month later...
So I'm trying to install iPC 1.5.6 on my inspiron 1501. I've read every tutorial I can get my hands on, and still get a problem that not many others have encountered.

I've got VMware set to the following:

Memory: 256MB

Harddrive - Using 2nd partition set up for OSX86, get same error when using "Entire Harddrive"

CD/DVD - drive D: - disk was burn using Nero

Sound: Autodetect

Display: Autodetect

Processors: 1, gives a processor error if set to 2

I've attached an image of my error message that happen in boot. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I'm in the process of downloading Leo 1.5.2 b/c I've heard of people getting it to work with an Inspiron 1501.

gope, don't usr VMWare, install directly. U shud to use flags: -x -v cpus=1 - all will be installed. And after installation in first time use flag -f (only once). Gud Luck :)