Installed Leopard (iDeneb) won`t boot

Vatrik

12 posts in this topic

try "cpus=1"

or "cpus=1 -v"

if you finally boot in to leopard you need to add cpus=1 to your boot.plist using EFI Studio.if you install the extra applications when installaing iDeneb it should be under Applications/iDeneb applications/EFIstudio from there you can easily add cpus=1 to your boot.plist.save it and reboot to see if that helps.

I'm having same problem and I tried both command but no change. It shows load drivers, etc and reboots, I tried -f, -x flag too. I read in other thread that non C2D processor need voodo kernel (not sure). My machine config is IBM T40 thinkpad, 1.5Ghz Pentium M, with 1 Gig Ram,ATI Radeon on board. Pleaes help. I've been reading forums from past 2 days trying to find solution for this probe. I used iDeneb Lepoard v1.4 mac osx 10.5.6. If voodo kernel is the answer then what is proper context to use at bootloader? ^_^

try "cpus=1"

or "cpus=1 -v"

if you finally boot in to leopard you need to add cpus=1 to your boot.plist using EFI Studio.if you install the extra applications when installaing iDeneb it should be under Applications/iDeneb applications/EFIstudio from there you can easily add cpus=1 to your boot.plist.save it and reboot to see if that helps.

How do you mean? Where should I type this?

try to instal using XNU kernel 9.4.0 in the install option... work for me

do we have this option in customize option when installing? I clicked everything (like apps, etc) except multilanguage support when installing. Not sure If I saw XNU Kernel option in it

• 1 year later...

On my Dell Vostro 1000 while booting with cpus=1 , appears only the logo and the spinning circle and no boot . . .

Kalyway boots very fine but it's boot menu is ugly )) and can't install the drivers for sound and video . Also no USB ports were working on Kalyway.