How to install OS X 86 on a partition

X86 asker

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible to install ideneb v1.3 Mac os x leopard 10.5.5 Leopard x86 on a partition.

I know somepeople are showing to erase all the hard disk but i want to install it on a partition so i can keep windows. If it possible please tell me how.

I am very excited to get it finally installed...

Ps: Do you know a program for windows that makes you a hfs partition or whatever?

Thank's and please answer my question! :hysterical:

Hi,

I want to know if it's possible to install ideneb v1.3 Mac os x leopard 10.5.5 Leopard x86 on a partition.

I know somepeople are showing to erase all the hard disk but i want to install it on a partition so i can keep windows. If it possible please tell me how.

I am very excited to get it finally installed...

Ps: Do you know a program for windows that makes you a hfs partition or whatever?

Thank's and please answer my question! :)

Which version of windows is it? And yes, it is possible and very easy.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...allation_Guides

That link should answer your questions....technically, it doesnt really matter what version of Leopard, but it would help if you followed the matching installation guide....

Tell me what version of Windows you are running so I can tell you how to partition your hard drive and get it ready for the installation.

For the HFS thing, check out the MacDrive application.

Reply Soon!

Good Luck!

I am using Windows Xp not Vista because is too slow but I have tried partition magic by Symantec and I can't create a mac os x extended journaled. I have 40 gb unallocated and i can't see this space in the disk utility. What to do? I have already readed your tutorial but it says click and erase your disk NOT A PARTITION.

Thank you :)

I am using Windows Xp not Vista because is too slow but I have tried partition magic by Symantec and I can't create a mac os x extended journaled. I have 40 gb unallocated and i can't see this space in the disk utility. What to do? I have already readed your tutorial but it says click and erase your disk NOT A PARTITION.

Thank you :)

Really easy from here....

When you have unallocated space go into Windows XP.

Go Right-Click on "My Computer" -> Select "Manage" -> Go to "Disk Management" on the left -> Find the unallocated space which is in black in the bottom half of the window -> Right-click the unallocated space -> Select Create Partition or something along those lines -> Create a partition with those 40gb of space. Now, you have either a FAT32 or NTFS Partition which is empty and ready for OS X to be installed on it. If you couldn't do this with XP, then Partition Magic should be able to create a partition, but I'm quite sure you can do this with XP.

Finally, boot onto the OS X disk, go to Disk Utility (which is found in the top bar), find the newly created partition and go to the "Erase" Tab. Make sure you select the partition, not the HDD. In volume format, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and give it a name of your choise, e.g. Leopard.

Then, Click Erase, and the installation is about to begin, go and customize the settings and install the long-awaited OS X on your new partition. If you have any other problems be sure to post asap.

Lambros.

Sorry, not working. I have made all you writed. I first create my partition and format it to NTFS with windows. I go to the Disk Utility and erase it with Mac os x journaled but when I go to the installation, there is no place to install it. I have tried it with Part. Magic and it does the same thing. Please help me, I don't think the Disk Utility is working because it is like formating as Fat even I put Mac os Extended Journaled.

Thank's

Sorry, not working. I have made all you writed. I first create my partition and format it to NTFS with windows. I go to the Disk Utility and erase it with Mac os x journaled but when I go to the installation, there is no place to install it. I have tried it with Part. Magic and it does the same thing. Please help me, I don't think the Disk Utility is working because it is like formating as Fat even I put Mac os Extended Journaled.

Thank's

What OSX86 version are you running?

• 3 months later...
Really easy from here....

When you have unallocated space go into Windows XP.

Go Right-Click on "My Computer" -> Select "Manage" -> Go to "Disk Management" on the left -> Find the unallocated space which is in black in the bottom half of the window -> Right-click the unallocated space -> Select Create Partition or something along those lines -> Create a partition with those 40gb of space. Now, you have either a FAT32 or NTFS Partition which is empty and ready for OS X to be installed on it. If you couldn't do this with XP, then Partition Magic should be able to create a partition, but I'm quite sure you can do this with XP.

Finally, boot onto the OS X disk, go to Disk Utility (which is found in the top bar), find the newly created partition and go to the "Erase" Tab. Make sure you select the partition, not the HDD. In volume format, select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and give it a name of your choise, e.g. Leopard.

Then, Click Erase, and the installation is about to begin, go and customize the settings and install the long-awaited OS X on your new partition. If you have any other problems be sure to post asap.

Lambros.

that worked for me.. thanks a lot lambros!!