SATA DVD not working

aicneneb

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks! I hope you can help me. I´m running iPC 10.5.6 on my desktop computer (Pentium IV 2GB Mother ASUS P5ND2-SLI) Everything is working great after installing Voodoo kernel. The only strange thing that happens is with my SATA DVD. In my CPU I´ve 2 HDDs (one SATA one IDE) and 2 DVDs (one SATA one IDE). There´s no problem with the HDDs, both of them are working fine. The DVDs are recognized by the system (in fact both of them appear when I press eject in the menu bar), but no matter what kind of DVD or CD I put in the SATA DVD, they are always being read as an empty disc. The SATA DVD works great when I run into Windows Vista.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Agustín

Hi folks! I hope you can help me. I´m running iPC 10.5.6 on my desktop computer (Pentium IV 2GB Mother ASUS P5ND2-SLI) Everything is working great after installing Voodoo kernel. The only strange thing that happens is with my SATA DVD. In my CPU I´ve 2 HDDs (one SATA one IDE) and 2 DVDs (one SATA one IDE). There´s no problem with the HDDs, both of them are working fine. The DVDs are recognized by the system (in fact both of them appear when I press eject in the menu bar), but no matter what kind of DVD or CD I put in the SATA DVD, they are always being read as an empty disc. The SATA DVD works great when I run into Windows Vista.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Agustín

Hey man ! I've got an XPS 420 and I had the same problem with my 2 dvd drives. What I had to do is reinstall my hacintosh with the vanilla kernel... I mean I didn't use any edited kernels...

Though I can now read what's inside the dvd drives... It seems to be veeery slow speed and sometimes cuts me off in an error when I try to transfer files from a DVD to the HDD...

I hope this helps a little bit mate !

If that motherboard has a NVIDIA chipset it seems to be a common problem with the current AppleNforceATA you could be using, try to use the the TEST version posted here in the sticky thread and see if that fixes it.

Well i've installed the TEST version and my SATA DVD seems to work fine :)..., but the IDE one has disappeared. Any other toughts? Many thanks for your feedback!

Agustín

Hey man ! I've got an XPS 420 and I had the same problem with my 2 dvd drives. What I had to do is reinstall my hacintosh with the vanilla kernel... I mean I didn't use any edited kernels...

Though I can now read what's inside the dvd drives... It seems to be veeery slow speed and sometimes cuts me off in an error when I try to transfer files from a DVD to the HDD...

I hope this helps a little bit mate !

Thanks for your answer. The reason why i've installed Voodoo kernel is beacuse my CPU has not dual core (it is a Pentium IV). So this i will try to fix this issue without changing the Kernel. Thanks again

Agustín

Well i've installed the TEST version and my SATA DVD seems to work fine :)..., but the IDE one has disappeared. Any other toughts? Many thanks for your feedback!

I think thats common too, I'm not sure how to fix that, maybe you can use a different kext for the IDE Controller, asuming its a different device and not integrated in the SATA Controller.