New Acer Aspire One D250

mcleot

5 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone on this great community,

I'm interested into buy a netbook to intalling osx on it. I like a lot the new Acer Aspire D250 but I haven't found any tutorial or information about "How to" on this model.

So any help would be appreciated.

Hello to everyone on this great community,

I'm interested into buy a netbook to intalling osx on it. I like a lot the new Acer Aspire D250 but I haven't found any tutorial or information about "How to" on this model.

So any help would be appreciated.

I do not think there is any because no one has it successfully working, I am not saying it will not but no one has done it, I don't suggest getting such a small pc to try mac on it would be rendered useless most likely due to incompatibility with everything it has driver (software) and hardware wise.

• 2 months later...
I do not think there is any because no one has it successfully working, I am not saying it will not but no one has done it, I don't suggest getting such a small pc to try mac on it would be rendered useless most likely due to incompatibility with everything it has driver (software) and hardware wise.

Guess I'll be the first. I'll try and have it running sometime today, only question is either Tiger or Leopard haha!

PS. From prior installs, looks like this hardware will work. I'm trying to get it to run ala Vanilla flavor!! Wish me luck!!

Guess I'll be the first. I'll try and have it running sometime today, only question is either Tiger or Leopard haha!

PS. From prior installs, looks like this hardware will work. I'm trying to get it to run ala Vanilla flavor!! Wish me luck!!

I got mine partially working, it appears some h/w changed, no audio (works under FC10, it reports it as a realtek ACL272). Ethernet and wifi not working. The ethernet is a Atheros AR8132 and I've not found any drivers. As for sound there are some kexts for the ACL272 floating around but they have not worked for me yet. The 0x27ea GMA950 driver works great from the XXX10.5.6 DVd but gets trampled with a 10.5.7 update that otherwise works fine. To install XXX10.5.6 i had to use a suragate machine for the load and ad the cpus=1 before reinstalling the disk into the Aspire One D250.