Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreeRangers

A few post install questions

3 posts in this topic

I finally got Mac installed (after switching from iATKOS 2.0i to Kalyway 10.5.2) but I have 3 questions:

1. The wireless card and sound card are not working. The wireless card is Intel wireless wifi link 4965 AGN and the audio card is a Realtek High Defination Audio Device. Any idea where I would find drivers for those?

2. How do I update the Mac (for security updates and other apple updates). I read somewhere that using the apple updater is not advised because since Kalyway isn't really official mac then using the updater isn't recomended. How do I get the updates?

3. I'm using EasyBCD as the bootloader to boot into mac windows and linux, but when i select the mac one it goes into darwin and i have to select mac again. Is there a way I can streamline this so that when I select mac from EasyBCD I don't have to select it again from darwin?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement

Not sure about the wireless drivers. Updated with Combo updates doing the proper terminal commands beforehand (search for them, something like "do while(1); rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Appleblahblah.kext;done") For the BCD bootloading, change the Darwin timeout to 0 seconds. It'll streamline things for you.

Ok thanks, but I need a bit more instruction (I'm very new to mac and this OSx86 stuff).

Where can I get the updates? Is it through the updater manager in system preferences or do I need to acquire it elsewere ( google searching it ;) ).

What are the exact steps I do to update (like what do I type into the terminal and such). If there is a link to a tutorial that would be great

How do I edit darwin? also when darwin boots up mac is the 3rd or 4th on the list how can I edit darwin so that mac is the first on the list.

Thanks for taking the time to help a noob :)