I/O performance on P5K-E Wifi-Ap

Homem Bomba

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I'm using iAtkos 10.5.6. My system is:

E5200 @ 3.6GHz

4GB Team Xtreem @ DDR2 1100

P5k-E Wifi-Ap

I notice that hard drive performance is VERY poor, with the system slowing down every time there is heavy disk activity of USB access to other peripherals. Anyone experiencing these problems?

From these symptoms, i think that the problem is the ICH9R kext. Is there any installer for the ICH9R chipset kext?

Best Regards.

Hello everyone.

I'm using iAtkos 10.5.6. My system is:

E5200 @ 3.6GHz

4GB Team Xtreem @ DDR2 1100

P5k-E Wifi-Ap

I notice that hard drive performance is VERY poor, with the system slowing down every time there is heavy disk activity of USB access to other peripherals. Anyone experiencing these problems?

From these symptoms, i think that the problem is the ICH9R kext. Is there any installer for the ICH9R chipset kext?

Best Regards.

You don't need a driver for the ICH9R chipset in that mobo. Is supported out of the box by osx as long as you configure the controller in AHCI mode in the bios. I've build a couple of hackintosh with that mobo and everything works just flawless.

Just be sure to not to use "distros". As long as you stick with retail install you'll be saved of lots of weird problems caused by that caos many people like to call iatkos, kalway, ipc, etc....

You don't need a driver for the ICH9R chipset in that mobo. Is supported out of the box by osx as long as you configure the controller in AHCI mode in the bios. I've build a couple of hackintosh with that mobo and everything works just flawless.

Just be sure to not to use "distros". As long as you stick with retail install you'll be saved of lots of weird problems caused by that caos many people like to call iatkos, kalway, ipc, etc....

Oh yes, I forgot the AHCI setting in the bios. Will try that next! :(

Funny thing, i've done several retail installations on this system (generic.iso and so on). The result was always the same... kernel panics left and right.

During those installations, I used the most "vanilla-like" procedures. Only installing Chameleon, only putting the needed kexts in the Extra folder... Only used NVDarwin installer for Nvidia cards, since I have a 8600GT. Even updated every time using Apple Updater.

I've heard so much fuss about Seatbelt.kext. I don't know if you have to do something about it in a retail install.

Oh yes, I forgot the AHCI setting in the bios. Will try that next! :(

Funny thing, i've done several retail installations on this system (generic.iso and so on). The result was always the same... kernel panics left and right.

During those installations, I used the most "vanilla-like" procedures. Only installing Chameleon, only putting the needed kexts in the Extra folder... Only used NVDarwin installer for Nvidia cards, since I have a 8600GT. Even updated every time using Apple Updater.

I've heard so much fuss about Seatbelt.kext. I don't know if you have to do something about it in a retail install.

If you use a retail installation (via cdboot-132 or the new chameleon 2 rc1) all you need to boot properly is dsmos.kext and disabler.kext.

About the extra folder, take in mind not every kext can be put there, and sometimes the ones you can't will cause kernel panics. For example if I move my modded ati drivers there I get a nice kernel panic.

Kexts with dependencies can't be moved to extra folder.

About nvdarwin you don't need it at all, just use an efi string.

If you use a retail installation (via cdboot-132 or the new chameleon 2 rc1) all you need to boot properly is dsmos.kext and disabler.kext.

About the extra folder, take in mind not every kext can be put there, and sometimes the ones you can't will cause kernel panics. For example if I move my modded ati drivers there I get a nice kernel panic.

Kexts with dependencies can't be moved to extra folder.

About nvdarwin you don't need it at all, just use an efi string.

Damn it, I love this community! I just changed the setting in the BIOS and everthing is smoother now. Thank you man!

What do you use for the EFI strings? Universal OSX86 installer?

Damn it, I love this community! I just changed the setting in the BIOS and everthing is smoother now. Thank you man!

What do you use for the EFI strings? Universal OSX86 installer?

Try PCWiz os86 tools or EFI Studio.