Networking Drops Out

richporter

2 posts in this topic

After much experimenting i've found a collection of settings that has allowed me to get an almost fully working Kalyway 10.5.2 everything seems to be working just fine except: after an undetermined amount of time the networking stops.

I've used an Asus P5N-E, and had no luck getting the onboard nvidia lan to work. So threw in an old Netgear GA311 which seemed to do the trick. Some days i can go hours between needing to reboot (always solves the problem) and other days i can be on for less than 10 minues before it gives up.

Has anyone experienced this too? Any reccomendations ?

Rich

After much experimenting i've found a collection of settings that has allowed me to get an almost fully working Kalyway 10.5.2 everything seems to be working just fine except: after an undetermined amount of time the networking stops.

I've used an Asus P5N-E, and had no luck getting the onboard nvidia lan to work. So threw in an old Netgear GA311 which seemed to do the trick. Some days i can go hours between needing to reboot (always solves the problem) and other days i can be on for less than 10 minues before it gives up.

Has anyone experienced this too? Any reccomendations ?

Rich

I get exactly the same problem. I have an ASUS P5Q-SE mobo with the new Atheros driver been released, and the network just randomly drops. I also have to restart to solve the problem.

Would be good to hear a solution.