A Couple of display issues with 10.5.6

Ghozer

1 post in this topic

I have a couple of issue's with 10.5.6 (iDeneb v1.4), It's all installed ok and all working (Net, Audio etc) but with a couple of issue's

The first is more of an annoyance than an actual issue.

In my system, I run 2x Graphics Cards, an ATI Radeon HD3870x2 in the primary slot, and a single 3870 in the secondary, I don't use them in CrossFire as I use them for the multiple monitors (2x TFT and 1x HDMI). (Bios set as PEG/PCI for display init)

in windows, the x2 is my primary card, and the single 3870 is the secondary, and works fine, When I installed OSX, I installed the 3870x2 EFI driver from the CD, the main screen wasn't working properly, could not set a resolution beyond 1024x768, and no GL/QE etc.

I have since set the bios to PCI/PEG, and booted into OSX, I have installed the standard 3870 driver for the single card (ignoring the x2) and this works fine on the secondary montior and the HDMI. the x2 doesn't seem to work at all even though it shows it in System Profiler, it shows the ports as empty.

That's the first issue, how can I have both these cards running, and all my displays setup, and running how I want it / how it should be, (like it is in windows)

The second issue is.. Every few minutes my mouse freezes, and my screens turn light blue for 5-10 seconds, then I get back to the desktop and things resume as normal for a few minutes. this only seems to happen since I installed the 2 shutdown fixes, my printer driver (HP C3180, USB) and CrossOver 6.2.1 - anyone know if there's any compatability issue's with any of these?

System:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

MOBO: Asus Maximus Extreme - ICH9

RAM: 4GB OCZ ReaperZ DDR3-1333mhz

GFX: 1x ATI Radeon HD3870x2 + 1x ATI Radeon HD3870