iDeneb Issues on Dell 518

3 posts in this topic

If this is not the right location please point me to the correct one.

I tried various ways to install OS X on a Dell Inspiron 518 and finally got iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) to work. I upgraded the video card to an ATI 3570 and got the R1000 Network Card Drivers (Bonjour) and RealTek Audio to work.

The system works great except 2 issues:

1. The shutdown and reboot options all just reboot.

2. (Most Important) After a certain period of time, I get the notification that I need to hit the power button to reboot.

I disabled the sleep features and have even tried a timed reboot everyday with only minor success

Any ideas?

• 10 months later...
If this is not the right location please point me to the correct one.

I tried various ways to install OS X on a Dell Inspiron 518 and finally got iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) to work. I upgraded the video card to an ATI 3570 and got the R1000 Network Card Drivers (Bonjour) and RealTek Audio to work.

The system works great except 2 issues:

1. The shutdown and reboot options all just reboot.

2. (Most Important) After a certain period of time, I get the notification that I need to hit the power button to reboot.

I disabled the sleep features and have even tried a timed reboot everyday with only minor success

Any ideas?

I have an inspiron 518 x64 desktop with 4gb ram and an intel core two duo

I have had problems with ideneb as i could get it to install and load with the 1.4 version but the same 2 problems with you with the restarting and the notifications

try this

FIX= as the boot loader comes on screen and press any button and go to the command line and enter >cpus=1 -v -f -x[/u]

**this is safe mode**

or go into the boot CD and go to the terminal

>sudo nano

> /library/preferences/systemconfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist

add at the end

- cpus=1

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

##The Safe Mode works better as it doesn't get stuck loading at all but it is a hassle

^^for perminant safe mode enter the safe verbose code in blue into com.apple.boot.plist

NOTE : ver 1.6 lite is out and works much better with the inspiron the 10 hour torrent download is worth it