Call of Duty 4

kee-quattro

8 posts in this topic

So I built my first Hackintosh spec is below, everything appears to be working and get extremely decent xbench scores however Call of Duty 4 (reason I built the Hackintosh and sold my MacBook) runs I can hear the sound but the screen is black graphics aren't coming through, so do Hackintoshs not run games? Is there something I can do to get the game running?

Any help would be awesome thanks - Carl

did you try the other dvi plug ? try that and if it still doesnt work, edit the plist file i ~/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.cod4 or smthg and choose windowed 1 to play in windowed maybe it'll help.. But it should work in fullscreen

Man it was that simple many thanks people I plugged it into the other DVI works great, I am the happiest Hackinosh user, you rock

did you try the other dvi plug ? try that and if it still doesnt work, edit the plist file i ~/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.cod4 or smthg and choose windowed 1 to play in windowed maybe it'll help.. But it should work in fullscreen

• 2 weeks later...
So I built my first Hackintosh spec is below, everything appears to be working and get extremely decent xbench scores however Call of Duty 4 (reason I built the Hackintosh and sold my MacBook) runs I can hear the sound but the screen is black graphics aren't coming through, so do Hackintoshs not run games? Is there something I can do to get the game running?

Any help would be awesome thanks - Carl

That happens to me on my RTW port. (on a MacBook).