Intel i7 Extreme 3.2Ghz Inside my NEW Hackintosh

4 posts in this topic

Hello..

Greetings..

Two weeks ago I bought the parts of my next year computer, here are the parts:

- CPU: Intel i7 Extreme 965 ( 3.2Ghz of course ).

- Motherboard: Gigabyte EX58-Extreme.

- Memory Model: OCZ3G1600LV6GK (it's 3x2GB).

- Power supply: COOLMAX Green Power 950 Watt

- Graphics Card: ATi Radeon HD 4870 X2

----------

I'm using an old LITEON DVD burner.. ( I'm not sure of the benefit of Blue Ray Burner.. I can transfer my files using a USB 128GB Stick.. playing movies using PS3... I don't think that Blue Ray is a must).

I'm also using an old 1TB Western Digital HD .. I could not find an SSD with a respectable storage capacity.

----------

MY TESTS:

I used Mac 10.5.6 Darwin Boot with different Kernels... Voodoo Kernel did not work for me..

I was not sure of the Working ones (I think ToS Kernel.. a Kernel called "sleep kernel")..

Anyway.. I could not make Realtek ALC889A work even That I have its driver.. (working on it).

The Graphics card is not working fully.. no QE.. no 2GB..

When I use several kernels.. once the cpu is 4ghz & once it is 3.33ghz .. the ram is mostly 400mhz..

sometimes the system profiles shows me that I have 7 cores or 4 in different occasions..

BY THE WAY.. EVEN VISTA 64bit SHOWS THAT I HAVE 8 CORE PROCESSOR!!

I'm doing more tests .. hopping that I can make it work as my old Hackintosh..

Firstly, congratulations on your new baby, Secondly, search around, plenty of stuff to help you out, just go into the tutorials, there ARE threads about Core i7 and the 4870X2, everything there should have some drivers for you..

And don't make me think your saying Vista is better than OS X again! *Backhands you*

I agree with Tony, for your new computer with i7 there are several tutorials and also drivers for your graphics card, just search in how to configure everything, I also read somewhere that in 10.5.7, your ATI card will be supported 100%. Good luck!

idSoftware™.. Tony Stark.. Thanks to you!! :blink:

There is a topic about 4870, not 4870 X2, and can not be applied for this card..

I tried the instructions but no luck.. No QE OR 2GB..

floschman told me here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=#entry1132439

That I can not take any advantage of the 2nd GB VRAM with any OS saying that I have 1 useable GB of VRAM and that the same data will be stored in both GBs.

I hope that is not true.. It is temporary until ATi updates the software..