Audio Problems

MTRecords

10 posts in this topic

ok, here is the situation. I installed 10.4.3 and i had no sound (i think its a realtek HD audio if that helps things) so i searched around the forums and found an upgrade package for a 945G motherboard (mine is i945p) so i thought that i would try it, and too my suprise it fixed almoast every problem on my PC. When i upgraded to 10.4.5 i lost my audio again and when i tried to install the same package, its just makes my system fubar (i have to reinstall)

can someone please tell me what components (ie kext files) are used to controll your audio and why this package now sends my computer to hell.

any help is much appreciated

cheers

945gExtensions_0_1_.2.pkg.zip

yeah, i installed it properly, repairing permissions etc but i had no luck. ;)

i already have an external audio card that works just fine, but it is the fact that i know i can get the internal audio to work and i cant do it. someone must know!

I'm having same problem. I put my ven and dev ID in the kext but now I get error saying extension was installed improperly. I did it same way as I did for wireless and that worked. I dragged the kext to desktop, edited it, copied it back and replaced it using password then repaired permissions from Disk Utility, but that doesn't work now. Can anyone explain step by step how to repair permissions in terminal? I've avoided terminal thus far cause I don't know any Unix, and don't like to type. Thanks for any help!

i diddnt delete the cache file so i will give that a go, its strange that i diddt have to do that when i installed the bundle in 10.4.3

also, has anyone figured out why this sends my system fubar when i install it? thanks again for all of your help

• 2 months later...