eMachines Laptop

xlegendxero87

1 post in this topic

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes...

So a while back I bought an eMachines D620-5777 and have been trying to get OS X working on it. I downloaded Leo4all distribution (runs 10.5.4) and got the install up and running. Ethernet worked after some tweeking as did the sound. Now of course the problem is video and wifi. Video is an ATI Radeon X1200 (integrated video based on the RS690 chipset [southbridge 600]) and wifi is an Atheros 5007EG.

Other specs are AMD Athlon 64 2650e,

Network Card : Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8048 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (have that working)

Audio: ALC268 got that working too.

If anyone can provide help here that would be greatly appreciated. I figure that if I mention the chipset of the video card instead of the typical name that maybe someone can figure out some stuff. the RS690 chipset replaced the AMD 580chipset and the Xpress 1600 (which my quick search said comes from the Xpress 200 chip) so maybe this can be a bit of help.

Also somewhere I read that Snow Leopard should have native support for Atheros 5007EG, if this is true, then maybe someone can find a way to port it over to leopard.

One more thing would it be best for me to try a new distribution such as iPC? I apologize for the long message but I have not been able to find any answers to my questions (any positive answers I mean)