• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
dlach

[GUIDE] Installing Snow Leopard/Leopard retail DVD on the GA-E7AUM-DS2H

761 posts in this topic

running 10.6.8. tried removing everything and just using the onboard dvi for now. got a quad core q6600 in there, and four sticks of 2gb ram. one hard drive ssd. still getting nothing but the apple logo. 'install RC scripts on target' is greyed out for me though.

hi Leon,

running 10.6.8 there you will have no sound & LAN after sleep not even with Clover (thus my tests, but I didn't make further research).

So you can stay with Chameleon and be happy ;)

Good luck!

I use my hacks for VJ performances so sleep is not a problem. I want it working with clover so I can check my hardware (black magic capture for one) then I'll upgrade to mavericks. So why am i not getting anything? I want mavericks so I can use later supported Gfx cards.

hi Leon,

do you see the Clover Boot Screen during startup?

If yes, select the correct boot device, press Space Bar and select "without caches". Be aware that FakeSMC has to be installed to /S/L/E.

Your computer should be start in verbose mode, so you can see what's happen.

Good luck!

i assume by s/l/e you mean system/library/extensions and by install you mean i just copied it there. i also have it in the kexts folder of the clover stick. is this ok? which precise version? it's just called fakesmc is it case sensitive? any it seems to sit there in verbose mode at: 

[ PCI configuration begin ]

should i leave it to do it's thing?

is it best to follow your guide or e60s? i tried both... same shizzle

hi Leon,

no, just copy is not enough. You have to set the right ownership and permissions.

I would recommend to test without additional cards or/and play around with the Graphics Injection of Clover.

Good luck!

keep getting "unable to find driver for this platform" errors when i try and run the ml install disk i've put the dsdt stuff in the right place as well as fakesmc.kext