Freeze on boot with a good system

exca

3 posts in this topic

Hello Guys.

I'm quite new to the PC-OSX installation and I could use some help.

I've installed OSX succesfully on my HP DV8000 laptop and it's sweet.

But that was only to test...

I have to get it working on my desktop, and offcourse that's the one having problems.

The installation always completes fine with the big green V. But when rebooting after installation, the computer freezes. It mostly gets past the apple-bootupscreen, 'till the point the screen turns blue. A registrationform should appear then, but it doesn't. The screen just stays plain blue. Can't do nothing but shutting down, it sometimes also freezes at the white apple loading screen.

My system:

Asus P5E-VM-HDMI

Intel Q6600

ATI HD2400

Samsung SATA 500GB (Partition1 = Vista, Partition2 = storage)

Seagate IDE 250GB (Partition1 = XP, Partition2 = OSX partition)

SATA DVDRAM

I made a partition on the IDE drive to install OSX on. I can't use the SATA drive as the space there is reserved for other storage.

BIOS:

Execute disable = enabled

ACPI2 = yes

Intel Speedstep = disabled

I used the iAtkos 5i installation disk with several settings but mainly these:

Bootloader: PC_EFI V9

Decrypter: standard

SMBIOS: standard

Kernel: 9.5.0 voodoo

ACPI: stock driver

Disabler: enabled

PS/2: enabled

OHR: dunno what it is, disabled

Drivers: Toggled the ATI HD2xxx HD3xxx + HD2400 256mb

Lan: Intel V100 (afaik)

Ive read a P5E and a P5E-VM-HDMI guide but they always get it working without major problems...

Please help,

thanks in advance,

Brecht

Hello Guys.

I'm quite new to the PC-OSX installation and I could use some help.

I've installed OSX succesfully on my HP DV8000 laptop and it's sweet.

But that was only to test...

I have to get it working on my desktop, and offcourse that's the one having problems.

The installation always completes fine with the big green V. But when rebooting after installation, the computer freezes. It mostly gets past the apple-bootupscreen, 'till the point the screen turns blue. A registrationform should appear then, but it doesn't. The screen just stays plain blue. Can't do nothing but shutting down, it sometimes also freezes at the white apple loading screen.

My system:

Asus P5E-VM-HDMI

Intel Q6600

ATI HD2400

Samsung SATA 500GB (Partition1 = Vista, Partition2 = storage)

Seagate IDE 250GB (Partition1 = XP, Partition2 = OSX partition)

SATA DVDRAM

I made a partition on the IDE drive to install OSX on. I can't use the SATA drive as the space there is reserved for other storage.

BIOS:

Execute disable = enabled

ACPI2 = yes

Intel Speedstep = disabled

I used the iAtkos 5i installation disk with several settings but mainly these:

Bootloader: PC_EFI V9

Decrypter: standard

SMBIOS: standard

Kernel: 9.5.0 voodoo

ACPI: stock driver

Disabler: enabled

PS/2: enabled

OHR: dunno what it is, disabled

Drivers: Toggled the ATI HD2xxx HD3xxx + HD2400 256mb

Lan: Intel V100 (afaik)

Ive read a P5E and a P5E-VM-HDMI guide but they always get it working without major problems...

Please help,

thanks in advance,

Brecht

Tried new things: disconnected the SATA harddrive, took out the HD2400 and connected the monitor to the internal graphics, disconnected all additional usb/firewire hardware.

Still the same issue......... :P

I booted with the -v command. Got some errors but they go to fast I can't tell what they are about. But in the -v mode OSX does boot up! Didn't have display support though, got only 1 resolution (1024*768)

Please help, anybody?

Somehow I got the OSX booting... troubles though.

I can't get my videocard working as it should. I'm working with 2 20" screens. I can't find an option to dualscreen and there is only one resolution available: 1024x768. I already installed the OSX driver for my videocard the Ati Radeon HD240.

Edit: Installed the driver again, I saw I didn't install the HD2400 driver properly. Bad call because now my screen turns black (monitor goes standby) when OSX has booted up.

Heeeellllp :)