• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
ifrit05

Shell scripting help...

4 posts in this topic

Im trying to improve my script where it feches the intro movie and song when you first start your mac. This is what i have down:

do shell script cp -r /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup_Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.mp3 Desktop

it keeps giving me errors....

any help?

Im trying to improve my script where it feches the intro movie and song when you first start your mac. This is what i have down:

do shell script cp -r /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup_Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.mp3 Desktop

it keeps giving me errors....

any help?

Guess you'd have to do like this

do shell script "cp /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup_Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.mp3 Desktop" with Administrators privilege

You only need to use "-r" when the item you'd want to copy in recursive (e.g. directory with subfolders item's)

Thanks, but now it says this...

cp: /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup_Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/intro-sound.mp3: No such file or directory

?

I think i might give up.... lol.