Help with installation -- usb stops working with update

davidc2

1 post in this topic

It's an Intel processor based laptop...Let me know if you need more details...

After I install using Kalyway 10.5.2, everything (but wifi*) works... video, usb, and audio all work... But I need 10.5.3+ because I want to test the iPhone's SDK.

But when I install kalyway 10.5.3 update, USB stops working, the flash drives I plug in don't light up, and nothign comes up on the desktop...

Here is what I'm doing with a bit more detail?

These is the stuff I check/change when installing 10.5.2, that gets most of my hardware working (video, usb, audio):

Audio Driver: Intel NVIDIA VIA ATI HDAudioController, just this one

Graphics Driver: Nvidia Geforce, check all of them

And all patches...

After the install completes, I boot, enter my details, sound is great, I can use my flash drive, copy, cut, paste from it, perfectly, and I can get all my resolutions... then I try installing combo update 10.5.3, it goes well... I restart, type "update -v" (typing "-v" doesn't work), etc... BUM! USB stops working, the flash drive's light doesn't light up, it's like it doesn't exist... Sound is still present, and video is fine... Just the USB screws up...

Just installing the update without the kernel pkg also disables USB... I don't know if this helps, but I thought it was worth mentioning...

When running combo update I've tried checking both kernels, one by one, neither, but I have no idea if I'm supposed to install something form 10.5.2... What I'm saying is, I'm extremely lost...

What am I supposed to do? Can someone please guide me? It might be something very simple, but I'm new to this entire thing.

*I don't mind this right now, I'll wait for project camphor to come up with the drivers...