Search does not work correctly

8 posts in this topic

I've noticed this as well. I'm new to the hackintosh and netbook scene, and I've been trying to find information regarding running OS X on the Asus EeePC 1000HE, and nothing comes up in the search results. A handful of posts come up when I use the Google search at the top of the page, but none pertaining to the particular question I have - what kind of slot is the wifi card in, what can I replace it with, and how hard is it to replace.

I only discovered this page last week, so maybe the search issues are new?

The search function has never worked correctly on this site. Use google with the "site:insanelymac.com" switch.

Can you describe what is incorrect in ipb search ??

You can also you use a search field in the header, which is powered by google.

Can you describe what is incorrect in ipb search ??

You can also you use a search field in the header, which is powered by google.

it simply doesn't work. it gives the same error whatever you search for.

i think this screenshot says it all:

im.gif

people have been complaining about it for ages (yours truly included). in the end, i got used to searching through google.

shame though, especially since this forum had two "redesigns" and "reorganizations" over the last couple of years.

since i don't use the default skin, no google search embedded.

it simply doesn't work. it gives the same error whatever you search for.

i think this screenshot says it all:

im.gif

people have been complaining about it for ages (yours truly included). in the end, i got used to searching through google.

shame though, especially since this forum had two "redesigns" and "reorganizations" over the last couple of years.

since i don't use the default skin, no google search embedded.

Exactly. I have searched for topics that I have created myself (entering the exact title) and the result is always = 0.

PS: It seems as though it actually does work sometimes. I just searched using "Boot-132 amd" and it gave me zero results at first, but it worked the second time around. Weird. I'll keep experimenting and post back.

if you nubs weren't using the ip.board layout.... and used the standard layout... you'd have a nice big "search this site using google" box up top.

i've been using this layout since forever and i like it (no ads, among other things)

and yes, as i already said, i can search IM through google without the glorious "search this site using google" box.

anyways, you're talking about workaround to the forum search inadequacy, not about the solution to the problem.

btw, "standard" layout has been introduced just a few months ago, and the search function hasn't been working since 2005.