Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Im noob so.... im very happy to get this...

my 4980 is Powercolor... any chance to to get QE until 5.7?

Thanks Netkas again and all people who colaborate with him...

Cheers!

you can get QE/CI installing http://is.gd/uHTX as netkas just posted

If i install that 4 kext in that folder with helpkext i get the same....

ATI Radeon HD 480:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 480

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9460

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

H223HQ:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

Do I need to delete something before installing?

Thanks and cheers!!!

are you running 10.5.6 ? I think you have a problem elsewhere (even with a working card you wouldnt get QE/CI)

Make sure your product id (9460) is in ATIRadeonX2000.kext info.plist too

are you running 10.5.6 ? I think you have a problem elsewhere (even with a working card you wouldnt get QE/CI)

Yes, im running 10.5.6. Before the 4890 i was runnning x1950pro with QE/CI enable. As im a noob I installed the new kext over teh old ones and i dont know if I need to delete any old ones...

Can utell me which 1 you would delete to start from zero?

Thanks in adavance!!!

dont delete anything, just make sure 94601002 is in info.plist of atiradeonx2000.kext

Thanks ciclonefr.. i will check that!!

Cheers

not only plist but the kext need hex edit as well

not only plist but the kext need hex edit as well

Thats why I cant get it working...

Im using a Powercolor... anyhelp uploading the proper file to get this working>?

these kexts from ACCEL.TAR.BZ are already hex patched, no need to hex edit them.. Just info.plist if it isn't....

Where do i put that? And how do i unzip it? its 12kb file.

Firefox is downloading it and it reports 3.1mb, you should try downloading again. :o

A lot of reviews refer to the 4890 essentially being a tweaked 4870, with a few extras. Perhaps it is analgous to 9800 GTX+ models working on 9800 drivers. Still, I would be nervous about jumping in at this stage until we know. Hopefully someone will post their experiences here in the coming days.

The 4890, or at least the Asus, seems capable of a 15% improvement from a 'voltage trick' but, like all 4890 models, it is very noisy when maxed out. The Vapor-X and Toxic models haven't appeared over here, yet. Still, I suspect Nvidia aren't breaking a sweat. None of the reviews I have read state that the 4890, though a decent improvement over the 4870, is a bargain. I noticed a few days ago a Saphire 4870 1GB going for £155 inc vat. We can't post links but it is easily found. I am torn! Watching this space.

This is the new Sappire Vapor X clocked at 1 Ghz! And most important quiet. It will be on sale in a week.

sapphireradeonhd4890ato.jpg

It would be nice to see some confirmations from x4890 owners that QE an CI is working and the specific card.

This is the new Sappire Vapor X clocked at 1 Ghz! And most important quiet. It will be on sale in a week.

It would be nice to see some confirmations from x4890 owners that QE an CI is working and the specific card.

The frustrating things will be that if Saphire release a Toxic version of the card, it will wipe the floor with the Vapor X model in the way that the Toxic version of the 4870 wiped the floor with the Vapor X version, something that I wasn't expecting. What did come across, though, was that the Vapor X overclocked 10% without strain and was very quiet, as opposed to the stock and overclocked 4870 which sounds like a hair dryer. Given a choice between a Toxic or Vapor X version, even if the Toxic version thrashes it, I would have to bite my tongue and go for the Vapor X, it will surly be one quality card, superb temps, quality capacitors and so on. Or perhaps the choice will be simplified, perhaps Saphire will only release one high performance 4890 card. Their Vapor X model of the 4890 is apparently named 'Atomic' Radeon HD 4890! Of course, how well it works or does not work with a certain operating system, only time will tell.

Thank you so much for your timely and huge work effort on these new GPUs .. works a treat :D

4890_1.tiff

This is absolutely useless and worthless.

4890 needs patched X2000.kext, noone yet asked me for it.

That one is a beast. Reviewed here.

I saw that review when it came out but wasn't sure about posting links, here. The one finding that dissapointed me is that, not suprisingly, it is noisier than the 4870 vapor-x model and noted as noisy when maxed out. I am undecided, tempted to get a 4850 or 4870 as a stopgap until ATI's 5870 comes out, possibly as early as July if the rumour mill is to be believed. If it's true that NVIDIA's rival offerings won't see the light of day until 2010, I am thinking that ATI will initially charge quite a premium on the 5870. And who knows when or if it will run with leo! Hopefully, along with packing in ever more transistors, they are more energy efficient and quieter, as they use the new 40nm half-node process rather than the current 55 process that has been pushed to the max.

Nice looking card, though, quieter, higher quality componants, greater stability, life expectancy... Price?

Thank you so much for your timely and huge work effort on these new GPUs .. works a treat :D

4890_1.tiff

Can you post an OpenGLExtensionsViewer Bench (Test Tab) in your full resolution and set Multisamling to 2 (FSSA*2=more GPU work=less an CPU test=better GPU bench) ?

Here the freeware OpenGLInfo/Bench Tool:

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/download.html

Would be fine to see your highres/fullscreen FPS values with multisampling*2 :rolleyes:

Here is a 4890 ROM if anyone want's to flash and try if it works..

Have you ever tried flashing the card? I want to flash mine.

Has the posted ROM been modified already? What was done to it? I am up for testing but I want to understand what was done to it before I try.

Cheers