Leopard on AMD Phenom II?

bearses

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I'm new here. ^^;

I'm saving up for a computer. At first I wanted a mac, but I don't think I could part with windows so easily (or more specifically, fl studio), and more importantly, I don't want to spend so much as apple charges.

Anyway, I'm getting an AMD/Nvidia pc from ibuypower, and I would I would like to know if osx (leopard) will run on the following specs:

Zalman GS1000 Tower Case

1200 Watt Thermaltake PS

AMD Phenom II X4 910 Quad-Core CPU

2x2GB DDR3-1333 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB Graphics Card

1.5TB Serial-ATA-II Hard Drive

Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Audio Card

If it won't run, what changes do you recommend I should make?

How difficult is it to install?

Thanks in advance! :P

No Geforce GTX support in OSX yet. The ATI HD48x0 can work now with beta drivers, so probably better to get a HD4890, even though it will be slower. Also, the XFI won't have support. And you didn't list which motherboard you are using, which is probably the most important thing for OSX compatibility.

To be honest, you would be better just to go with an Intel system like a Q9400 + P45 chipset. THen you are guaranteed success.

• 6 months later...

hi, sorry to revive a very old thread, but i have a similar setup to the thread starter...

AMD Phenom II 955 BE

MSI 790FX-GD70

HIS 4870 IceQ4+

Is OSX compatible with this setup? ive read that 790FX is a compatible chipset, but no news on PII 955.

ive tried using iDeneb 10.5.6 and with -v it says "waiting for root device" forever. should i find another version of mac to install with? or can this problem be solved by some other means