ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS hackintosh guide

108 posts in this topic

I'm back....With Sleep and Shutdown. I used the Pystar shutdown option on the install DVD. I wasnt able to clone my drive for some reason so I re-installed and then Time Machined the original to my new drive....

Selecting the Pystar shutdown Kext at install seems to have helped me, and I can also sleep and resume without issue, before this if I was to select sleep, or the machine would go to sleep (1 Hour) upon resuming it would be completely useless. USB is also running well, I cant remember if I also selected the EHCI USB Sleep kext at install though!!....

I am typing now after a resume from sleep (S3 sleep, selected in BIOS)....

Anyway...it's ALL working except the sound input (P5KPL-AM/PS) ( I do have sound input through a USB solution but it's not native)...

Best X Bench is 162.73....This M-Board and CPU cost me just over $150 Australian......BARGAIN.

Runs 1080p Source (original Blu-Ray rips) Smooth as glass in VLC...

All I need now is a Samusng 23" LCD 2333SW (1920x1200) and a 500GB Sata II drive.

*Edit: I have the Samsung 2333SW now....what a great combo.

I have had no shutdown issues since the Pystar shutdown install. Also sleeps when it's supposed to and the monitor also goes to screensaver as it should. I should note that I did find the reason why it didnt shutdown previously (before I re-installed and time machined). If you have any open applications the machine will sometimes hang. I found that closing all applications meant the machine would sleep and shutdown correctly without the Pystar shutdown kext....

This machine has been perfect.....I am thinking about updating the Graphics too!! Could see an ATi HD4770 in here shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all...

First post in this forum...

Japogii, great post... thanks for the info!

Now, has anyone got a complete installation using the p5kpl-am integrated graphic card??

I can't make any advances past the next two lines:

1) using iAtkos 5i:

ACPCI_SMC_ctrlLoop::initCpuCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x3c14380

2) in Kalyway 10.5.2:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

In other cases, which graphic card would you recommend??

Thanks!

Hi to all...

First post in this forum...

Japogii, great post... thanks for the info!

Now, has anyone got a complete installation using the p5kpl-am integrated graphic card??

I can't make any advances past the next two lines:

1) using iAtkos 5i:

ACPCI_SMC_ctrlLoop::initCpuCtrlLoop - pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x3c14380

2) in Kalyway 10.5.2:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

In other cases, which graphic card would you recommend??

Thanks!

Forget the Internal Graphics....it wont work. Another poster mentioned not getting it to work. I am using a Nvidia 9500GT over HDMI on a Samsung 2333SW 23" LCD.....look flawless.

In Australia this card is about $68....

If your going to blow some money on a card I would suggest purchasing a HIS ATi Radeon 4770. Great bang for your buck. Either way even a low end 9 series Nvidia card will work if your on a budget.

Also....the iDeneb 10.5.6 ver 1.4 seems to be the best install DVD for this board, has everything you need to be upto date. I have heard that Kalyway is a bit of work to get all the way to 10.5.6.

Forget the Internal Graphics....it wont work. Another poster mentioned not getting it to work. I am using a Nvidia 9500GT over HDMI on a Samsung 2333SW 23" LCD.....look flawless.

In Australia this card is about $68....

If your going to blow some money on a card I would suggest purchasing a HIS ATi Radeon 4770. Great bang for your buck. Either way even a low end 9 series Nvidia card will work if your on a budget.

Also....the iDeneb 10.5.6 ver 1.4 seems to be the best install DVD for this board, has everything you need to be upto date. I have heard that Kalyway is a bit of work to get all the way to 10.5.6.

Thanks for your reply Sed8ed! I am on a budget, that is why I was asking... :star_smile:

Thanks for the recommendations on the graphic cards!! I am thinking on getting an Nvidia card...

Let you know once everything is installed, hopefully this week!

Cheers,

Felipe

Thanks for your reply Sed8ed! I am on a budget, that is why I was asking... :)

Thanks for the recommendations on the graphic cards!! I am thinking on getting an Nvidia card...

Let you know once everything is installed, hopefully this week!

Cheers,

Felipe

I managed to get an Nvidia GeForce 7200 (almost for free)...

Now I managed to get the installation finished, but once I restart the PC, it just gets stucked in the grey apple Logo, and the grey wheel spinning...

Any sugestions?

I upgraded the MOBO Bios... should I downgrade it again?

Any more details on the BIOS configuration??

Thanks again!!

Felipe

Get the sound drivers here, and install:

http://www.kexts.com/index.php?controller=...ext=5&kid=7

Japogiii and Sed8ed, thanks for your help.

In my signature you can all read my config.

Here are the Customization things that I chose, and made avertything work great.

The first one makes the PS2 keyboard and Mouse work after the installation finishes (without this, none of your PS2 periferals will work after installation)

ICHx – without this you won’t be able to complete installation…

OpenHaltRestart: Using this kext + the BIOS config and the Preferences settings you’ll get reboot, sleep and shutdown wihout problems.

Video: GeForce Works gr8 with NVdarwind drivers.

Patches 10.5.6 Ready

[*]Alternative Essential Patch > PS2 Fix for… > PS2Fix Keyboard

Chipset

[*]ICHx Fixed

Fix

[*]PowerOff_OpenHaltRestart

Video

[*]Nvidia > NVdarwin > NVdarwin (…here goes your VGA mem size…)

Applications

[*]To your taste… however I recommend Kext Helper and OSX86 Tools

I always skip the disk verification… it maybe recommended maybe to do it once (what I did was burn the DVD as slow as possible) and manually checked the MD5 after the download (oopss did I say that loud?) using Terminal (command MD5 and just drag the .iso file to terminal and wait some minutes. Then compare the result with the file you got together with the iso)

If you are using PS2 keyb or Mouse and you don’t install the PS2 Fix, you won’t be able to use them once the osx starts… so you can either get a USB periferal or reinstall everything and select all that I am writing (what I did.)

SOUND: use the driver that Japogiii posted, Works flawless. I installed the kext using Kext Helper (really easy)

LAN: haven’t traed yet… but I am sure there will be no prob :P

Cheers and thanks to everybody!

Felipe (Uruguay)

Well....

I had to re-install 3 times...but that was my own fault I think.

So far so good. I was going to use my Ralink RT2500 USB for wireless to begin with, but it managed to cause a panic when inserted into the rear USB ports, so I plugged in my D-Link DWA-547 A/B/G/N card....Worked out of the box as Airport card, awesome. I also connected the lan to my ethernet cable, got an I.P instantly and was off and running it too worked out of the box.

Only problem so far is shutdown. Fans keep going until I press the power button. Sleep doesnt resume!!.....

I am on Vanilla kernel, I selected no kernel from the boxes and I only selected NVinject for the 9500GT (The 512mb kext on it's own left me with 1280x800 res and nothing else but blue screens ( I re-installed and just checked NVinject, by default it selects all memory sizes) along with Networking (RT2500 USB) and iDeneb apps.

Everything is working quite well other than those few hickups...

My setup is nearly identical to the first post. I'm using an 80GB Samsung as well for now (IDE) as I will shovel a 500GB drive in here soon (sata) and go from there using a time machine backup of this setup next time around

I had trouble with the resolution initially. My LCD is only 17" (Viewsonic/Black) and it's max res is 1440x900 If I selected the full resolution the screen would go blue and stay there!! I had to reset the machine and it would go 1280x800 on reboot. After about 4 goes of selecting 1440x900 it stuck. I rebooted and it displayed properly!!! Bizarre.

As I mentioned I'm running a 9500GT 512mb card. With the NVdarwin kexts I got the boot screen and then the display went to "no signal".......blank. The hard drive continued to whirl and then nothing......so I tried -x and still nothing. Tried booting 800x600 and nothing happened either (re-install)

Anyway, it works well for now. I would like sleep to work, and proper shutdown. If anyone can explain my USB issue with the Ralink Wireless dongle I'd appreciate it, I'm hoping this doesn't happen to other devices I need to use in the future (kernel panic, must check the logs)

I'm using a logitech wireless keyboard and G5 mouse and both work on USB fine......no issues with those devices.

EDIT:...Full Shutdown now works. No fans...

*Have OC'ed my E5200 to 3.01Ghz, stable and fast.....V-Happy with this Hack rig.

I know this is off the topic a little... but I have similar board- Asus P5KPL-CM and the rest of the hardware identical to everyone here; core duo E5200 OC @ 3.25GHz (very stable on Windows/Ubuntu) 500GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, 4GB Kingston Ram... The question is will my board work as easily as you guys?? I`ve tried to install, iDeneb v1.3 (10.5.5), Kalyway, iPCOSX86 AND nothing works. Can`t even get to the installation screen. Help please??

Will my computer work for the iDeneb?

> Mainboard : Asus P5KPL-AM

> Chipset : Intel G31/G33/G35

> Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2333 MHz

> Physical Memory : 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

> Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4670

> Hard Disk : ST3250823AS (250 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GWA-4083B

> DVD-Rom Drive : IDE-DVD ROM 6116

> DVD-Rom Drive : CXKTIJ 4HMB4PMV4 SCSI CdRom Device

> Monitor Type : Acer X223W - 22 inches

> Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

> DirectX : Version 9.0c  (October 2008)

Thanks!

Wow.. nice tutorial.. BTW does this even applies for ASUS P5KPL-CM ?? Ive got this board and E5200 Dual core With 2 GB RAM.. im planning to install on a separate HDISK ( no dual boot ) ..

Do i follow same steps??? :D

I know this is off the topic a little... but I have similar board- Asus P5KPL-CM and the rest of the hardware identical to everyone here; core duo E5200 OC @ 3.25GHz (very stable on Windows/Ubuntu) 500GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, 4GB Kingston Ram... The question is will my board work as easily as you guys?? I`ve tried to install, iDeneb v1.3 (10.5.5), Kalyway, iPCOSX86 AND nothing works. Can`t even get to the installation screen. Help please??

Hi, check the chipset of this board (it is in the first part of the mobo user guide...).

Mine board (P5KPL-AM says: Chipset: Northbridge: Intel G31, Southbridge: ICH7)... that is why you should check the options I mentioned before in the Customization thing.

Where are you stuck in the installation?

Which Video card are you using?

Cheers,

Felipe

Wow.. nice tutorial.. BTW does this even applies for ASUS P5KPL-CM ?? Ive got this board and E5200 Dual core With 2 GB RAM.. im planning to install on a separate HDISK ( no dual boot ) ..

Do i follow same steps??? :(

Google that board. Some ppl have evertything running with that board... (depends on your video card... the Intel onboard graphic adapter doesn't work)

Pls post your full specs (video card, HD, DVD/CD Drive, Ram...) one helpfull thing is to put it on your signature.

Cheers,

Felipe

Will my computer work for the iDeneb?

Seems so...

Try the same version I did... 1.4. Follow the instructions posted above (Except for the graphics adapter driver)

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

Felipe

Quick update...

Just went to 10.5.7 on my setup.

For me....nothing is broken!!! I'm running Vanilla Kernel.

Very happy camper. I used the 10.5.6>10.5.7 dmg from the Apple downloads section. I did not use "software update"....

All smooth sailing here.

I'm thinking of trying out OSX for fun, but I'm completely new to this {censored} and will use the methods in this guide since it seems pretty straight forward and easy. I'm going to buy the following parts:

Shopping list (Norwegian page, easy to read specs and so on)

The following parts will also be used

Processor: Intel Core Duo E4400, to my knowledge it supports SSE 2 & 3

Memory: 2GB Corsair Twin2X something

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 250GTS

All in all I'm guessing that this will work fine considering I'm buying the same MB as used in ths guide. My main concern lies in the graphics card. I've read that the 9800-cards work fine, and to my knowledge the 250GTS card is just a modified 9800 card(please correct me if I am wrong). So I'm assuming this will work itself out pretty nicely.

All feedback is appreciated.

Quick update...

Just went to 10.5.7 on my setup.

For me....nothing is broken!!! I'm running Vanilla Kernel.

Very happy camper. I used the 10.5.6>10.5.7 dmg from the Apple downloads section. I did not use "software update"....

All smooth sailing here.

Great news!!! ;)

Thanks for the info!!

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 250GTS

No idea about that card...

Check out the NVinject drivers or the NVdarwind drivers if that card is supported...

As you said... the 9800 works great!

Cheers,

Felipe

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. This is japogiii, and this is my first post here.

This is my guide into getting a PERFECT HACKINTOSH working on an ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard. (G31+ICH7 chipset)

PERFECT HACKINTOSH means that everything works, including USB, sound, video with QE/CI enabled, sleep, restart, and shutdown.

I have spent almost three days without sleep trying to get this thing to work, and the final result is that it works just as Steve Jobs would have intended.

Here are the important parts which I used for this computer:

Processor: Pentium Dual Core e5200 (2 cores @ 2.5 ghz each)

Motherboard: ASUS P5KPL-AM/PS

Hard Drive: 80 GB Samsung (IDE)

500 GB Seagate (SATA)

DVD Drive: LG Internal Super Multi DVD Rewriter 22x (SATA)

RAM: 2 GB Kingston Value Ram 800mhz DDR2

Graphics Card: Sparkle 9600GT 512mb PCI-E

Install method is through iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6)

BIOS Settings

Here are the BIOS settings I used for the P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard. BIOS settings are important to get full sleep, shutdown and restart working.

Primary IDE Master: 80 GB Samsung

SATA: 500 GB Seagate

SATA2: LG DVD

ATA/IDE Config: Enhanced

Enhanced Mode Support On: S-ATA

Onboard PCIE GbE LAN: Disabled

(I disabled the onboard LAN because I use a Netgear Wireless USB anyway.)

Plug and Play O/S: Yes

Suspend Mode: S3 Only

ACPI 2.0 Support: Enabled

Restore on AC Power Loss: Power Off

Boot Device Priority

1st: HDD Samsung

2nd: DVD LG

Partitioning the Drive and Dualbooting with XP

Refer to this guide

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

BUT INSTEAD of Kalyway 10.5.2,

substitute it with iDeneb v1.4.

You know where to find it. :D

Customize the installation, and check these boxes for this particular setup:

ICHX support (because this P5KPL-AM/PS is a G31/ICH7 chipset)

nvDarwin 512 mb (for the 9600GT videocard)

I didn't check anything for sound, because this is going to be patched later on.

Install. Then it will reboot. Follow the rest of the instructions on

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

for bootloading.

If you did everything correctly, boot into the OS X partition and you should see the welcome video. (Nice, eh. QE/CI enabled already) but no sound.

Get the sound drivers here, and install:

http://www.kexts.com/index.php?controller=...ext=5&kid=7

Last, go to system preferences -> energy saver.

Under options, check "Allow power button to sleep the computer."

Also check "Restart automatically after a power failure."

And there you go. A fully working, 10.5.6 OS X Leopard on your HACKINTOSH.

Enjoy. :)

Please comment if you encounter any problems, or if this guide has helped you in any way.

japogiii.

well... thank you for your effort, but do you think this would work with Asus P5KPL SE ??? I tried it before but with no luck, but to be honest.. I didn't mess with the BIOS before installation, so what do you recommend me to do in order to get the Leopard isntalled ????

thank you in advance.

Hi everybody,

I've bought a new computer with an ASUS motherboard, ASUS P5KPL-AM SE similar to P5KPL-AM/PS (but it isn't the same, I know) and I want to convert it on a Hackintosh Computer.

My Hardware configuration is:

MB: ASUS P5KPL-AM SE (audio and graphics integrated on main board)
 CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2,8 GHz
RAM: 2 GiB DDR2 1066
 HD: Gigabyte 300 GiB SATA-2
 DVD: LG DVD-ROM, IDE
 DVD-RW: Samsung DVD+-RW, SATA-2
 Mouse: my old USB mouse
 Keyboard: my old PS/2 keyboard (yes, yes, I know it can be a problem. I have to buy another one)

I've tried to adjust my BIOS settings according to your guide:

[b]Storage Configuration
PCIPnP -> Plug and Play O/S: yes
Power:
  ACPI APIC suppord: Enabled
  APMConfigruation:
  -Restore on AC Power Loss: Power Off

Now I'm triying to install iDeneb v1.3 and v1.4 and iAtkos 5i and Kalyway, but the installer doesn't start. It keeps in the "Apple screen" or, if was in verbose mode (-v):

MAC Framework succesfully initialized
		Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IObuffer headers
		IOAPIC: Version 0x20 verctors 0:23
		ACPI: Syste Stack [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
		Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate  dependecies on both com.apple.kernel and con.apple.kpi components; use  only one style

I've tried with -v -F, but it din't work. I get 3 more lines, but it stopped:

mbinit: done
		Security auditing service present
		OBSM auditing present

Does anyone have any idea? Can anyone of you help me, please? All feedback is appreciated.

Tank you very much in advance

Hi everybody,

I've bought a new computer with an ASUS motherboard, ASUS P5KPL-AM SE similar to P5KPL-AM/PS (but it isn't the same, I know) and I want to convert it on a Hackintosh Computer.

My Hardware configuration is:

MB: ASUS P5KPL-AM SE (audio and graphics integrated on main board)
 CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2,8 GHz
RAM: 2 GiB DDR2 1066
 HD: Gigabyte 300 GiB SATA-2
 DVD: LG DVD-ROM, IDE
 DVD-RW: Samsung DVD+-RW, SATA-2
 Mouse: my old USB mouse
 Keyboard: my old PS/2 keyboard (yes, yes, I know it can be a problem. I have to buy another one)

I've tried to adjust my BIOS settings according to your guide:

[b]Storage Configuration
PCIPnP -> Plug and Play O/S: yes
Power:
  ACPI APIC suppord: Enabled
  APMConfigruation:
  -Restore on AC Power Loss: Power Off

Now I'm triying to install iDeneb v1.3 and v1.4 and iAtkos 5i and Kalyway, but the installer doesn't start. It keeps in the "Apple screen" or, if was in verbose mode (-v):

MAC Framework succesfully initialized
		Using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IObuffer headers
		IOAPIC: Version 0x20 verctors 0:23
		ACPI: Syste Stack [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
		Extension "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfigurator" has immediate  dependecies on both com.apple.kernel and con.apple.kpi components; use  only one style

I've tried with -v -F, but it din't work. I get 3 more lines, but it stopped:

mbinit: done
		Security auditing service present
		OBSM auditing present

Does anyone have any idea? Can anyone of you help me, please? All feedback is appreciated.

Tank you very much in advance

HAve you tried the IPC distro?

HAve you tried the IPC distro?

No, I haven't... But I've tried a lot of distributions... I can try one more time, but I'm not sure about this can be the solution.

P.D: I've "googled" and iPC looks very nice.

Bye and thank U very much

to those having problems and freezes upon install:

HACKINTOSH WILL NOT WORK ON THE ONBOARD MOTHERBOARD GRAPHICS ADAPTER.

you can get an nvidia card cheap, around ~$80 or so. :)

i personally recommend the 9xxx series, i myself am using a 9600gt, qe/ci enabled

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814187053

With regard to the other hackintosh distros:

iPC works fine, i guess; but based on my experience, iDeneb works best for this particular motherboard (P5KPL-AM/PS)

I would recommend that you install the iDeneb versions; the newer, the better (because it's usually more stable.)

And let's help each other by testing out the newer versions once they come out, and posting feedback on this thread. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm using Asus p5kpl-am motherboard and intel dual core e5200 processor and also an nvidia 7300 GT graphic card. Installed using iDeneb 1.4. All things functioned correctly (sound, graphicss, wifi) but, this machine always shutdown / power off itself without any notice nor warning. Have any idea?

I'm using Asus p5kpl-am motherboard and intel dual core e5200 processor and also an nvidia 7300 GT graphic card. Installed using iDeneb 1.4. All things functioned correctly (sound, graphicss, wifi) but, this machine always shutdown / power off itself without any notice nor warning. Have any idea?

In the "Energy Settings" section of "System Preferences" you can set the time the Machine goes to sleep, this only takes effect when the machine is idle though.

Could you clarify when this happens to your machine?...

Have you left it idle for a period of time, or are you using it when it powers off randomly.

it shuts down unexpectedly. Like when i'm surfing internet (like now, but currently using xp) it shuts down unexpectedly. I'm suspecting some wrong configuration in my iDeneb's installation. Mind to tell your iDeneb's installation selection? (got me?)