No where to install iPC

3 posts in this topic

I have iPC_OSx86_10.5.6 and it boots and runs the installer fine, but when it prompts me to select a place to install to there is nothing to click on. Any suggestions? I have been looking for a way to format a partition in the .rsf but when I run the installer for iPC_OSx86_10.5.6 I do not get the opportunity to create a partition.

I have iPC_OSx86_10.5.6 and it boots and runs the installer fine, but when it prompts me to select a place to install to there is nothing to click on. Any suggestions? I have been looking for a way to format a partition in the .rsf but when I run the installer for iPC_OSx86_10.5.6 I do not get the opportunity to create a partition.

you seem to be skipping the all important "Disk Utility" step. gotta have a formatted partition capable of installing to before you get to that step.

Yeah I was trying to use Disk Utility at first but It wouldn't erase the partition that was on the drive, it kept failing so I just stuck a windows xp disk instead and erased it. I did use Disk Utility to make a new partition and now I have completed an install and now have the "Still waiting for root device" error. and am trying a solution I found.