Bizzare GUI problems with ALL Voxengo plugins?

XLR

13 posts in this topic

Here's a screenshot:

picture_2433.png

This happens to basically all Voxengo plugins on iDeneb 10.5.4 with Vanilla kernel, in Logic and Peak or any other software. The controls seems to be working somehow when i klick and change parameters, but i can't see what has been changed because the GUI glitches all over the place and doesn't responds at all. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas on what can cause such strange behavior?

No, GeForce 7300 GT with Quartz enabled.

I personally never experienced this with nVidia display card, but only with ATI, and not only Voxengo, but also other essential (to me) AU plugins, like iZotope, IKMultimedia, Sonalksis, etc. The plugin window contents refuse to draw, just black, unless if I can with luck click the Preference/Setting button then the window will go back to normal. Very frustrating. So my main workhorse is still with nVidia display card. However, have you checked if your nVidia card is working properly? Try run something that is 3d intensive.

Regards,

omol

I have the exact same problem, with the voxengo saturator I recently bought! (in logic8)

That is the only plugins I'm using with this problem though.

Controlls are working but the graphic is more or less frozen.

I use NVidia 8800 GTS 512. (quartz enabled too) iPC 10.5.6

(quad core at 3,1,)

Ive been thinking something isnt installed right regarding the graphic card,

sometimes it's been a bit slow when theres a lot of plugins on the screen at the same time.

It's nothing wrong with the card itself though as it's perfectly fine in both vista and xp,

(gta iv is running smooth and never crashes :)

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

I have AppleHPET disabled for firewire to work, something with that`? (Asus P5W DH Deluxe)

I'm not a mac/hackintosh wiz! Please if someone are , and have an idea - let us know!

Here's a screenshot:

picture_2433.png

This happens to basically all Voxengo plugins on iDeneb 10.5.4 with Vanilla kernel, in Logic and Peak or any other software. The controls seems to be working somehow when i klick and change parameters, but i can't see what has been changed because the GUI glitches all over the place and doesn't responds at all. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Any ideas on what can cause such strange behavior?

I personally never experienced this with nVidia display card, but only with ATI, and not only Voxengo, but also other essential (to me) AU plugins, like iZotope, IKMultimedia, Sonalksis, etc. The plugin window contents refuse to draw, just black, unless if I can with luck click the Preference/Setting button then the window will go back to normal. Very frustrating. So my main workhorse is still with nVidia display card. However, have you checked if your nVidia card is working properly? Try run something that is 3d intensive.

Regards,

omol

Im also using most of the plugins you mentioned above, but i never had any problems of this kind with any software except Voxengo plugins and sometimes i get weird glitches in Photoshop whn zooming on objects, but it doesn't happens oftenly. On another hand, this graphics card does a great job in XP rendering hi-res 3D scenes where i'm blasting raiders and mutants in Fallout 3. Tbh i don't even know where to start to locate the source of this problem, maybe the drivers perhaps? Maybe the Kernel?

Im also using most of the plugins you mentioned above, but i never had any problems of this kind with any software except Voxengo plugins and sometimes i get weird glitches in Photoshop whn zooming on objects, but it doesn't happens oftenly. On another hand, this graphics card does a great job in XP rendering hi-res 3D scenes where i'm blasting raiders and mutants in Fallout 3. Tbh i don't even know where to start to locate the source of this problem, maybe the drivers perhaps? Maybe the Kernel?

As I am using EFI string and vanilla kernel with my nVidia setup, and I experienced no such problem with Logic and WaveBurner, I am quite sure it is not driver problem. If possible, I suggest you try loaning a nVidia card from friend and test you plugins with the card. Windows may not show problem since the windows driver clock/voltage down the card when not in 3d mode. Not all OEM card created equal. My 7300GT which is a el cheapo Inno3d died in just a year so worths trying to loan a card to test.

Regards,

omol

I have the exact same problem, with the voxengo saturator I recently bought! (in logic8)

That is the only plugins I'm using with this problem though.

Controlls are working but the graphic is more or less frozen.

I use NVidia 8800 GTS 512. (quartz enabled too) iPC 10.5.6

(quad core at 3,1,)

Ive been thinking something isnt installed right regarding the graphic card,

sometimes it's been a bit slow when theres a lot of plugins on the screen at the same time.

It's nothing wrong with the card itself though as it's perfectly fine in both vista and xp,

(gta iv is running smooth and never crashes :)

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

I have AppleHPET disabled for firewire to work, something with that`? (Asus P5W DH Deluxe)

I'm not a mac/hackintosh wiz! Please if someone are , and have an idea - let us know!

I would suggest you first to try with vanilla kernel and EFI String. If the problem persists, try pm Alex @ voxengo.

Regards,

omol

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately i'm not a big Unix geek so my next question may seem a little bit dumb, but what is EFI String and what do i eat it with?

"EFI String" is a bunch of ascii characters that describes whatever hardware device installed that this string will be passed to kernel from the bootloader while booting up to emulate certain function that does not present on generic pc but present on genuine mac. Google for "EFIStudio" or "Uinstaller". Fancy GUI front end to create appropriate EFI String for the compatible hardware device.

Regards,

omol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem here on my hack (see specs in the sig). The Voxengo GUI actually went totally pear-shaped on my machine. Unusable.

What's really strange is that I had no problems whatsoever until I started using EFI strings for the 7600GS. I could be wrong on that one but I might give it a try with the good old natit again and report back. No news will be bad news...

EDIT: no, that was not it. (Probably a no brainer for the tech heads :))

The GUI is knackered. It has probably more to do with the Leopard version you're on. I don't have time to trace it all back now but AFAIR the problem started with 10.5.6 on my rig.

• 3 months later...
Same problem here on my hack (see specs in the sig). The Voxengo GUI actually went totally pear-shaped on my machine. Unusable.

What's really strange is that I had no problems whatsoever until I started using EFI strings for the 7600GS. I could be wrong on that one but I might give it a try with the good old natit again and report back. No news will be bad news...

EDIT: no, that was not it. (Probably a no brainer for the tech heads :) )

The GUI is knackered. It has probably more to do with the Leopard version you're on. I don't have time to trace it all back now but AFAIR the problem started with 10.5.6 on my rig.

Any Luck with this? Also have non-usable Voxengo..... 9400GT vid card....(10.5.7)

Cheers...

So i tried Natit and EFI strings, both give the same results. And in addition to Voxengo, all U-He Uhbik plugins do not respond to GUI.

I still assume this is a software related problem, because so many people work with 7300-GT/256Mb cards with no problems at all.