I need direct help...

murl3y

4 posts in this topic

I have spent about a week trying to install OSx86 on my machine. I have got multiple problems, and just when I seem to solve one, there's another one. I'm not really tech savvy, which holds me back. I have emailed countless people and posted countless threads, and I just really, REALLY need someone who's willing to email/IM with me to figure out my problems.

It would actually be better if there was someone out there who could come to my house and do it for me, but that's unrealistic, and how would I learn?

My email address is matthewmurley@gmail.com

I'd be so grateful to whoever can help me.

Thanks in advance.

I have spent about a week trying to install OSx86 on my machine. I have got multiple problems, and just when I seem to solve one, there's another one. I'm not really tech savvy, which holds me back. I have emailed countless people and posted countless threads, and I just really, REALLY need someone who's willing to email/IM with me to figure out my problems.

It would actually be better if there was someone out there who could come to my house and do it for me, but that's unrealistic, and how would I learn?

My email address is matthewmurley@gmail.com

I'd be so grateful to whoever can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Start by giving full system details......e.g. MOBO brand and model, MOBO chipset, CPU, MOBO RAM, GFX Card + VRAM, HDDs (SATA or PATA), DVDRW (SATA or PATA).....forum members are not mind readers...... :)

Haha, I know. I figured I should have given more info, but like I said, I really tired of being in forums.

-HP Pavilion dv5 laptop

(I assume MOBO stands for Motherboard? If so...)

-Brand: Quanta Model: 3602

-Chipset: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz

-3GB RAM

-GFX: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

-Internal and External HDD, 250GB each

-as for SATA or PATA, I don't know. I did a few Google searches, and most people said to check _ the size of your HDD cable to tell. Since I have a laptop, this doesn't help. Suggestion?

I think most of my information is correct. If anything doesn't seem right, let me know and I'll check again. I used CPU-Z and Nero Info Tool to find most of it.

Thanks.

Haha, I know. I figured I should have given more info, but like I said, I really tired of being in forums.

-HP Pavilion dv5 laptop

(I assume MOBO stands for Motherboard? If so...)

-Brand: Quanta Model: 3602

-Chipset: Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHz

-3GB RAM

-GFX: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

-Internal and External HDD, 250GB each

-as for SATA or PATA, I don't know. I did a few Google searches, and most people said to check _ the size of your HDD cable to tell. Since I have a laptop, this doesn't help. Suggestion?

I think most of my information is correct. If anything doesn't seem right, let me know and I'll check again. I used CPU-Z and Nero Info Tool to find most of it.

Thanks.

See here for dv5 1100 series.....