Kalyway doesn't Mount!

MACITUP

7 posts in this topic

So, I get to the whole ERASE AND MOUNT step and then SLAM, brick wall. I select an 8gb partition on my HP Pavillion dv6000 to install on, pull down the menu to select MAC OS Extended Journaled, and then name it MAC. Click 'Erase'. It quickly erases then "mounts" even faster! But alas, installer doesn't let me use that partition because it was erased and NEVER MOUNTED. Wow, this sucks. Any ideas?

So, I get to the whole ERASE AND MOUNT step and then SLAM, brick wall. I select an 8gb partition on my HP Pavillion dv6000 to install on, pull down the menu to select MAC OS Extended Journaled, and then name it MAC. Click 'Erase'. It quickly erases then "mounts" even faster! But alas, installer doesn't let me use that partition because it was erased and NEVER MOUNTED. Wow, this sucks. Any ideas?

-------bump--------

i hate bumping but this is really weird. i've had successful installs on other machines before! >___<

-------bump--------

i hate bumping but this is really weird. i've had successful installs on other machines before! >___<

Try formatting it as MS-DOS (FAT) and then reformatting it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)......

BUMP,

i thought these were support forums? :)

BUMP,

i thought these were support forums? :(

Have you tried making the partition active....see here.......